Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another SQL Problem

Options
  • 17-11-2004 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Right i have a Sybase DB with a table that i need to pull data from. Theres a Column there with the date the item was created and i want to be able to usa a WHERE clause to just pull the date i want.

This looks pretty basic but it doesnt work.

SELECT * FROM dbo.MYtable WHERE created_date LIKE %19/10/2004%

SELECT * FROM dbo.MYtable WHERE created_date = #19/10/2004#

SELECT * FROM dbo.MYtable WHERE created_date = '19/10/2004'

Ive been trying variations of all of these with no success. either empty recordsets or Errors about incorrect syntax.

The created_date format is 18/10/2004 08:12 and i want to be able to search by the Date and leav out the Time part.

Any ideas ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

I've never used Sybase before but I presume that you'll need to convert the date format of the data in the table to dd/mm/yyyy. It's probably trying to compare the time aswell which is why you are not getting any results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ter

try

SELECT * FROM dbo.MYtable WHERE created_date LIKE '%19/10/2004%';

maybe not sure

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ter

or date is > than date and < than date

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭smidgy

Try SELECT * FROM dbo.MYtable WHERE created_date = 18/10/2004 08:12

to see if this works and that the syntax is right....

if not try fiddling the syntax or switching to 10/18/2004 08:12 (i know with SQL server dates are fiddly like this - stored and queried differently)

In sql serv

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

I would suggest if it is possible (not familiar with sysbase though), explicitly set the date format first for the session, and then do your query.

http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/code/dates.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

SELECT * FROM dbo.MYtable
    WHERE date(created_date) = '2004-10-18'

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

I had to use ASP to append "00:00.00" and "12:00.00" to 2 variables and then use
    SELECT *
    FROM Blah
    WHERE created_date > '"&StartDate&"' AND created_date < '"&EndDate&"'

Which seemed to work.

Advertisement