Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clubs or groups in D5????

• 17-11-2004 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Ok MAybe this is in the wrong place but in a way it is a personal issue... Here we go... (not my normal sexual thread lol)

I'm 23 and my partner is 21 and not from Ireland. We have recently moved to the dublin 5 area and my partner is finding it very hard to settle down. Can anyone tell me is there any clubs or groups around the area that she can join anything just so she can meet ppl and get a wee social life going as I said shes finding it very hard!

CHeers guys I know you'll come up trumps..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

moved from PI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Nightshiftguy

Sorry gordon... I do apologise in regards to putting it in the wrong place!

Guys and gals this is quite important Please I could do with your feed back!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I know Dublin 5 very well....what kind of thing are you looking for..?also what part of D5 are you in...?

Were within 10 min walk from artane castle... I'm looking for any sugestions really. Anyhing that might a 21 yo gal! :)

• Advertisement

The Artane recreation center has some good clubs and they are looking for members now as they are 3/4 through a major refurbishment.

Another good idea is she could volunteer at one of the many youth clubs in the area,they are allways looking for help.

Is she sporty...?some great GAA clubs in Dublin 5.I also know some great self defence/keep fit instructors in the area.

Do a course,St Peters in Killester run loads of courses night time and in the day.You are also not to far from DCU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭fischerspooner

yeah I live in Artane, rent a house there with some guys. There's not a lot to do really, it's an old area. You have total fitness down the road though, which I use regularly, and marino college in fairview does lots of night courses etc. If you're looking for a young and exciting area you're in the wrong part of town my friend!

Do you not find WestWood/Barcode much better than total fitness...?

Cheers mate thats great... Any idea how to find these things? I'm not asking you to do the work just don;t have the first IDEA where to look...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭fischerspooner

barcode is full of what I would call absolutel MUPPETS. And typical northside suburb girls who wont talk to you unless you're some wannabe hard-ass with a souped up toyota starlet. I hear westwood only has dumbells up to 35kg too.

• Advertisement

as in is there a website or anyhting?

not really looking for young and exciting. Just want my mrs to find pals etc... Its a tough one for her.. Its all new. I;m irish and shes scottish...

as in is there a website or anyhting?

for which one...?

barcode is full of what I would call absolutel MUPPETS. And typical northside suburb girls who wont talk to you unless you're some wannabe hard-ass with a souped up toyota starlet. I hear westwood only has dumbells up to 35kg too.

I have only been in the Barcode a few times....I found it allright for the suburbs.I found the woman allright.As for the gym I have been in both as I used to be a member of Total Fitness but I find the Westwood much better,they have a bigger pool and a climbing wall.

souped up toyota starlet. .
    Lol that counts me in... haha

Sorry babes I know ur reading this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Well, I am from D5 myself.

I cannot speak lowly enough of Barcode, avoid it all costs, the place is evil and vile.

As for clubs etc, some members of my family are members of the local scout group, and they are always looking for people to get involved.

For a nice pub in the area, try the Goblet, full of friendly people, including me most week nights. I'd be happy to meet up, and show you both around the area. I see you are called "Nightshiftguy" which suggests you may not be around at times that would be necessarily open to many of these activities.
    Sorry babes I know ur reading this!
    Why doesn't she come on in and post herself?

seansouth wrote:
    Well, I am from D5 myself.

I cannot speak lowly enough of Barcode, avoid it all costs, the place is evil and vile.

As for clubs etc, some members of my family are members of the local scout group, and they are always looking for people to get involved.

For a nice pub in the area, try the Goblet, full of friendly people, including me most week nights. I'd be happy to meet up, and show you both around the area. I see you are called "Nightshiftguy" which suggests you may not be around at times that would be necessarily open to many of these activities.

Why doesn't she come on in and post herself?

Thanks for the offer... Might take u up on that... Well The nightshift guy is an old thing no longer night shift.... As for why she won;t post here herself.. well I will find out and let you knoW!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PaddyjDunne

The Goblet is a dive!! BarCode has a lot of scum in it but it is €3 a drink on Thursdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Goblet is a dive!! BarCode has a lot of scum in it but it is €3 a drink on Thursdays
    Well, if you can come up with an alternative to the Goblet?

The A1?....The Sheaf?....Kyles?....Da Blackaaaar?......Skellies?......The Roundabout?.......

Give me a break.

Advertisement