Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying shares

Options
  • 17-11-2004 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Anyone know somewhere in Dublin where you can buy small amounts of shares? I think there are some stockbrokers where you have to open an account with them and pay €1,000 into it first, and with AIB you have to pay a charge of €70, anywhere else that has actually a decent charge? I heard somewhere twas around £25stg but don't know the name of the actual place ...

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Try Fexco, I used them a few years ago and their charges were very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Or Sharewatch, I think it's €50 to buy or sell shares without opening an account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

DON'T use sharewatch. Had an account with them for a few months this year - never again. Back to paying Davys higher commissions, peace of mind is priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's not worth your while getting into shares for €1,000, the commission eats up to much. Try putting more in your SSIA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement