Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dire MP3s

Options
  • 04-01-2000 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Anybody noticed themselves looking up an mp3 and in the end d/ling something really sh1te instead.
    well not really sh1te but something you'd never buy on cd.
    also instead of giving a new band a chance ppl just d/l crap from average bands that all of a sudden semm a hell of a lot better just cos someones ripped them from a cd and they feel lazy.
    i dunno...
    things haven't been the same since they stopped pressing 78's
    harVey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

sounds like you need a dose of napster.

its not all crap, just dont d/l from the web unless you really really have to smile.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Since I started using Napster ive never had to look up an mp3 site ever again, although i had problems with it last night, it seemed very slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

na, i've spent many nights during christmas online to napster and it's about as good as it get's i agree, but...
    anyway, it's getting better as more non-nerds come online with their record collection and different tastes, but it's funny. in the fifties and sixties music was all single based, at least from a record companies perspective it was. now it's albums that make money with singles being just a marketing tool and sold at a loss much of the time. i think that with the popularization of mp3s it's gonna go back to the individual songs. i mean who's gonna buy a filler track 8 if it's gonna cost them an extra $1.50 or 10 mins d/l time.
    so there ya go
    harVey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

yes very slow last night!
    ****in me off now napster but it still better than all them mp3 sites with their ****e music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

napster is reaching the 1000gig levels again .. yay
    was an average of about 250 over the whole christmas which sucked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭SPACE COWBOY

I just downloaded Napster today and I'm a very happy fella.

VENI VIDI VICI

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Yeah i just got napster and wanted to know can u resume downloads like gozilla, getright etc.

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 10-01-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

yeah, but only if the site you were d/ling from is still up
    right click somewhere in the d/l screen and there is options there rof termination/ resuming etc.
    harVey

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah, last album I bought was the last Chemical brothers one way back when it was released, now I don't bother buying albums. If I want the song it'll turn up on Napster soon enough.

It's spreading fast and no doubt there'll be other programs jumping on the bandwagon. And imo there's not much the record companies can do about it.

The times they are a changing.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

How's about-
    "the times they are becoming quite different?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah sonny, only if you wanna be knockin on heavans door soon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

pleasedont print bob dylan lyrics on the boards...i find them very offensive.
    thank go you cant put up any of his harmonica 'playing' wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

..let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late

with love,
    amp

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

Advertisement