Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fat people

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I laughed when I saw the ad at the top of the page

(if it's not there anymore it's for BBWdatefinder.com .. for big beautiful women and admirers.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

being over weight is about when you feel uncomfortable.

being over weight is not about meeting some statistical criteria for someone your height, gender, or whatever. its not about modelling your self on the nivea bird, or looking like brad pitt in troy.

being the right weight is when you feel comfortable, and happy with your own body. and the media is the one that helps us to get confused about this issue.

the only time that weight should be an issue is when it effects you, or those around you healthwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

I dont remember calling the PC police. Does anyone else?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Wheel of morality turn, turn, turn, tell us the lesson that we should learn...

"Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy but socially dead."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

being over weight is about when you feel uncomfortable.

being over weight is not about meeting some statistical criteria for someone your height, gender, or whatever. its not about modelling your self on the nivea bird, or looking like brad pitt in troy.

being the right weight is when you feel comfortable, and happy with your own body. and the media is the one that helps us to get confused about this issue.

the only time that weight should be an issue is when it effects you, or those around you healthwise.
    Boooooorrrrrrrrriiiiing. Fat is fat. Being over weight is being fat. Being very over weight is unhealthy.

Zulu wrote:
    Boooooorrrrrrrrriiiiing. Fat is fat. Being over weight is being fat. Being very over weight is unhealthy.

says that fat bloke.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I saw this fat bird in the pub last week. She was so enormous, she actually exerted a gravitational pull. You had to run to get past her, so as to have the requisite escape velocity. Later, a bouncer got hit by one of the ashtrays in orbit around her. My point being, so much for the smoking ban.

id like to that both Zulu and adjolo for their negatice rep (or, ar least it would be negative if they were important) for being apparently too PC.

you see the problem is, and anyone who knows me, is that im not perticualrly PC.

in fact, it would be very uncool for me perhaps to call both of you childish cúnts. but there you go.
    no, i wrote what i wrote, becuase i honestly feel that fat is more a media issue than an actual heath one.
    i am not an advocate of eating all you want, and i find people who are obese unsightly, and to be honet, quite disgusting. i think its piggery.
    but what is commenly called 'fat' at the moment is rediculous.

have an extra few pounds over your 'optimal weight' is not fat. being unlike the girls in the ads who eat three spinish leaves a day is not fat. in fact, its unhealthy.
    the kind of little boys like zulu and adjolo who masturbate over super models dont seem to realise that super models are not natural. women were just not built to have no tits, no arse and no hips.

a bit of 'weight' is no problem.
    when it becomes unhealthy, then its a problem.

grow up little boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

A girl i work with is 17 stone at least :eek: she`s huge,and then you wonder why she doesnt scoire with any blokes (she does be on the phone to her mate saying "no luck again this weekend :D ) i have to laugh though,she obviously realises she`s huge and goes to weightwatchers occasionaly and has every intention of "losing weight" yet come lunchtime in work, that goes out the window and on occasions i see her munching away on fatty foods,and hear her on the phone to her mates saying "i got a curry last nite i couldnt resist it" therefore i think she`ll never lose weight unless she books herself into a health farm for a couple of months :D sad case really but there you go....... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

hmm look at the google add

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I must have consumed 4000 or more calories today. Thank god for my fast metabolism.

Anyone know how many calories are in an E tablet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dudara wrote:
    You know how in England, and here, the government plans to educate people on the nutritional value of food because it appears people don't really have a clue. Is that really the case, or is it the case that nutritionally poor food is cheapest?
    Good idea. Its not the amount you eat, but what you eat.
    Before you disagree, here's an example;
    I eat one packet of biscuits, and then I'm content.
    I eat two honey sandwiches, and then I'm content.
    I eat one banana, and a glass of apple juice, and I'm content.

Also, most companies only get you to eat low fat sh|t, if its benificial to them.

Advertisement