Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam is beyond a joke now

Options
  • 17-11-2004 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

K it looks like my problem is not half life 2 shutting my pc down but steam itself, steam updated itself this morning and now everytime i logon try to logon to steam my pc shuts down

has anybody found a definitive fix for this cause ive had to disable steam in msconfig just so my pc would start right,

in other words helpppppppppppp

shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

shinzon wrote:
    K it looks like my problem is not half life 2 shutting my pc down but steam itself, steam updated itself this morning and now everytime i logon try to logon to steam my pc shuts down

has anybody found a definitive fix for this cause ive had to disable steam in msconfig just so my pc would start right,

in other words helpppppppppppp

shin

Might be unrelated but did you install the latest Nvidia drivers? I had to roll mine back because Steam kept causing my computer to reboot after I updated them I haven't been able to determine why as there are no error messages at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Maybe a quick uninstall and reinstall might work....apart from that the only way I fixed it was reboot and when it logged in, shut it down....reboot system.....then restart Steam in Windows.....

If it is not letting you log in then reinstall of Steam will be best.....you should lose the games that are installed???

Seems to be a problem with Steam but no fix mentioned anywhere

Advertisement