Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Force of Habit

• 17-11-2004 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Would anyone like to share what there habits are:

Mine are saying the word "like" at the end of every bloody sentence.
    Biting the inside of my mouth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

"like" is the word that makes up the links in a chain of bull sh*t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Biting my nails like.

And saying "like" at the end of sentences like. :p

Oh and I have this annoying habit of going to work every week day like!!! I particularly hate that one like. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i would have to say posting in threads like this one!!! that and drinking from a carton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I have an uncon.... Fúck off!!...trollable habit of cursing. Tourettes? Also this was just done recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Ive the habit of reapeating "bye" numerous times in quick succession at the end of every telephone call!... also between our mates we usually say "Boil your head"(long story how we got that, think someone drunkedly said it and it took off) at the end too and ive started saying that to everyone on the phone!Even to my boss the other day who was obviously confused at it!hehe

Also i have a habit of playing drums with my hands or feet when im nervous! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Lexie

I bite the inside of my mouth too. So much that sometimes I bite deep and end up with a sore (bloody) mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Eating badly, watching sh1te on TV, posting on boards, going to bed too late...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

woosaysdan wrote:
    i would have to say posting in threads like this one!!! that and drinking from a carton

everybody for the love of god stop saying like....

i know i just said LIKE but its the last time i'll say LIKE starting from.......................................................now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I chew my tongue :o
    I've done it for years.. people always think I'm chewing gum.
    Bit gross really.. just can't kick the habit.. Still; better than smoking.

K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

More of a quirk but i can't tell my right from my left . The only way i can think which is which is to imagine in my head " up , down , left , right "

Playstation Generation :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I have to switch the dishwasher on and off once before i set it running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Eating pens - not chewing them, eating them (or chewing them too far). I keep choking on the little bits of plastic at the most inapporpriate times (important phone calls at work etc).

Stupid and dangerous I know. Gotta quit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You mean to say, that its not just me? I've tried to stop using this, and have kind of succeded.

Also, I curse alot. The only time when I don't curse every 10th word or so, is when I'm teaching swimming to the little people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

On the subject of "like"...

Ever notice the way American people use "like" this way:

"I went to see like, a movie."

And Irish people say it:

"I went to see a movie, like."

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I have a terrible habit of puking up mouthfuls after i eat. I don't even mean to do it so its not bulemia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I chew my lips quite constantly. If I gave them time to heal they'd probably have scars or something. It probably looks quite funny since I'll be chewing them while looking at people.. and... yeah...
    Fidgeting with things, like my locker keys...

When I was younger I got hit by a bike and was chewing my cheek at the time, blood EVERYWHERE so I got put off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

- i always wipe the toilet seat before using it.
    - never finish a sentence
    - when i do 'finish' a sentence, it ends with "and, uh". always. sounds like im saying "anna".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

who's anna? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

coincientally, i do know an 'anna', you'd think that my ending all my sentences with her name would have caused some confusion at least once, ever, but its never happened.

better stop typing; can't jinx it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I've a few terrible habits;

(1) Over-using the following phrases: 'Cheers', 'Mate', 'Legend','Howaya'
    (2) Wiping bogseats before I use em
    (3) Swearing profusely & uncontrollably
    (4) chronic masterbation ;)
    (5) wanting my g/f to stay up & shag all night long, sleep be damned!!!! :D

::: ven0mous :::

• Advertisement
Advertisement