Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of Sky Plus!!!! How can they justify it

• 17-11-2004 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

As were coming up to Christmas I recently decided to get Sky Plus, considering all the good reviews I've seen here and other places it seems like a great system. I always like to deal locally when ever I can, support local business and all that.

So I ring a local large distributor of Sky and enquire as to having the cost of Sky installed.

Local Distributer

Sky Plus Box €299
    Instalation Charge €199
    Cost of extra phone point €50 I want multiroom option.
    this brings to a total of €548 A little taken back at the cost because I thought Sky had a special offer on at the moment, I told them I'd get back to them as they said it would take 3-4 weeks to install.

I thought I might but one off satellite.ie and install myself as €199 seems high just for Instalation.

Next I ring Sky for there cost even though I hate dealing with those Sky Monkeys in Scotland.

Cost Of Sky box €299
    Cost of Instalation € 75

Total cost €374 Now thats more like it, but when I tell him I was interested in the sky Multiroom option the
    cost is only €199 yes €199 and that includes instalation and an extra phone point.

That a difference of €349 between local instaler and Sky.
    Plus Sky said there the instalation will next Tuesday (I don't belive them because I've been let down before)

just posting this info for anyone like my self thinking of getting Sky+ in the run up to Christmas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I take it that you are a new Sky subscriber and not upgrading?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

if you are a new subscriber they also have a cash back offer

BossyBoots wrote:
    As were coming up to Christmas I recently decided to get Sky Plus,

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

BrianD wrote:
    I take it that you are a new Sky subscriber and not upgrading?

off topic Brian but congrats on phantom getting its licience

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Locked. User banned by the boards.ie admins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement