Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mp3 laws (quake)

Options
  • 03-04-2000 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the laws for MP3's? i.e. linking to mp3s from a personal website... or uploading mp3s and all that? know where i can find out? because i've made this quake song using the music from a popular Westlife tune! smallman.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

there's a popular westlife tune????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Obviously popular with Vorosha, and the people he hangs around with.

I will stop now, as the number of witty and amusing jibes I could make at Daire's expense, would probably overload the boards. Anyway, it's just too easy.

smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited 03-04-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

"There's a popular Westlife tune?"

WHAT THE FUUCK? ARE YOU STUPID?

Both of you! Is your fuucking blind ignorance a joke!? Oh and Jaden 'the people I hang around with'? Could you leave 'the people I hang around with' out of this? You freak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Jesus, looks like its handbags at 5 paces for another thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

So sad...

• Advertisement

Ah someone just answer my question... or else say nothing at all. Thanks for ruining my thread Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

calm down beavis.

possession or distribution of any reproduction of any
    copyrighted material irrespective of the media used
    contravenes copyright law by its very nature.
    If you get caught distributing such material you are liable
    for prosecution on said grounds.

Wether or not the evil faceless corporations (such as imro in your case)
    will pay you a blind bit of attention is beyond me.

The fact that you wish to distribute Westlife just rubs salt into jaden's wound

Colon Pee

Awww, did I step on your iddy-biddy likkle sensitivities?

Oops, I meantith not to step 'oer thine fragile beauty, that is thy skyward soul.

Before you start crying, I'll fill you in on what I can. The MP3 format is perfectly legal. If it is an origional piece of work, you may do with it as you please, just as you may with a JPG or bitmap that you drew yourself. The only problem you may encounter, is not in the format itself, but in the content. Using a Westlife song as the basis for a new song, (I'm assuming that you have rewritten the words, and kept the music the same), is a clear infringement of copyright. Therefore, placing an MP3 of such in the public domain, would leave you in dodgy legal waters.

If you are one of these people who delete MP3s downloaded from Napster within 24 hours, then this will worry you.

On another point, LoLth cracked a joke, as did I. If you can't see that, and insist on taking such things personally, then I suggest
    that you wrap yourself in cotton wool, and lock yourself into a secure, hidden room, somewhere in a warehouse in Never-never land. Otherwise you're going to get badly hurt by almost everyone you meet. Calling me a "freak" (why?), isn't exactly helpful either.

I'll be at The Proving Grounds, should you care to discuss this futher.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

Glad you learned how to communicate properly. I'd advise you to stop trying to make jokes, you are not funny. Maybe try some of those witty and amusing jibes you insist you could make...

I could make you look like a fool, Jaden, but I won't... it's too easy. Let's not overload these boards. I'll see your ugly-self at that LAN.

I rest my case.....

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

ere jaden you better watch out, rumours have it that sam is gonna be in a particularly violent "hop in" mood at this lan

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

this is true

I fear not!
    I have Eric "The Mangler" Mooney on my side.
    smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited 03-04-2000).]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

It is technically correct to describe Westlife songs as popular. The problem is if you were to describe their songs as good. Then you'd be liable for prosecution in my book.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

At least someone answered...
    Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah but 1 problem there Jaden, Eric only turns into the Mangler when Shinji is around, eh you know what I mean, wink wink say no more smile.gif

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

*ahem*

LOL!

Im closing this thread since it's stiring sh1te and it has absolutely nofhing to do with quake... Ok! smile.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement