Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail?

• 17-11-2004 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Does anyone know if we can access our pegasus mails from our own hard drives in D422? Settings etc? :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Cuchulain

You can pop mail directly (i think) but I u use web based one like yahoo from 807.
    Just add pop server (149.153.100.8) and put in your full context e.g. .cnw440066.compnet4.science.carlow.itcarlow as ure username and usual password.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

seen you in college today kegan, i've been stalking you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

if you have access to the z drive, then just winpmail.exe or something like that to the drive, that allowed us to access college mail from 807, i'll have the exact file name for you tomorrow......if you say please

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

Cuchulain wrote:
    You can pop mail directly (i think) but I u use web based one like yahoo from 807.
    Just add pop server (149.153.100.8) and put in your full context e.g. .cnw440066.compnet4.science.carlow.itcarlow as ure username and usual password.
    It's saying incorrect username but I'm putting in my login id and password is that right yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Cuchulain wrote:

is that a preceding "."?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

the '.' at begining is vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It works fine for me without any preceding . when I pop my mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

ah ok .. I was told by admins last year the '.' was necessary - they may have changed something.
    You can also just get pegasus to forward all your mail somewhere else -- which in many cases is easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

it worked fine without the . last year and the year before too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

whats the smtp server in college for sending mail?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭lulu

Hi Kegan5,
    if you go to Tools and i think its Options in pegasus and browse through the various screens and one of them asks for your outgoing and incoming email address. just put in an external email address you use and it will forward anything sent to your pegasus account to the email address you entered.

Hope this helps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

the . is from the NDS form of your username.
    it is smart enough to detect the lack of a . in the pop server.
    stop being so anal about it

lulu wrote:
    Hi Kegan5,
    if you go to Tools and i think its Options in pegasus and browse through the various screens and one of them asks for your outgoing and incoming email address. just put in an external email address you use and it will forward anything sent to your pegasus account to the email address you entered.

Hope this helps :D

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl if I can get someone off a computer in library :)

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

got it working! if i had half a brain i would have saw the "Check POP3 Mail" at the top of my screen!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

that forwarding thing is handy. you can forward it to, say, your meteor mail, then u can check that off your mobile phone! i will be doing that pronto coz ive already missed two continuous assessments this year because i didnt check my pegasus mail. i notice u can also check hotmail on meteor wap.

EDIT: First post of 2005. hehe ;)

I've done it now but it just puts the emails into my inbox rather than a seperate folder so I have to route through all my junk :( Ah well better than nothing.

Happy New Year 2005! 2005 That's mad!

Advertisement