Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free to view satalite

Options
  • 17-11-2004 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure I'll be directed to another thread but here goes,

just bought a free to view dish and decoder , its "Strong" brand, I looked at http://www.freeview.co.uk/whatson/ch15.html
    for some ideas, i have yet to set it up, cabling etc is not an issue, anyone any advice on installing the dish? + getting the most out of the unit, will i get all the stations shown an the above link, would a motorised dish get much more free stuff or just foreign stuff???
    thanks

Stoner

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think you bought a Free to Air receiver. NOT to be confused with Freeview! Freeview is digital Terrestrial TV, whereas what you have is Free Satellite TV.

Free to Air (FTA) Satellite, does not include ITV1, ITV2, Ch4 five, UK History, UK Bright Ideas or Ftn.

I suggest you take a look at www.digitalsat.co.uk for lists of FTA channels on various satellites. (BBC is on Astra 2 at 28°E)

This thread may be better served at ICDG >> Satellite section. Maybe the mod will be kind enough to move it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Thanks byte, set it up last night in the rain , lol, no type F connectors or anything, got loads of stuff, you are correct i did get confussed between the two, thank you for directing me to the other area

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Glad to be of assistance :)

Advertisement