Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music boards?

Options
  • 07-04-2000 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

How come we no longer have a music board?
    There have been lots of times I wanted advice on music, or to share my opinion on music and have had to go elsewhere.
    Plus all those technical questions about things like mp3s and cd writing can be asked there.
    Just an idea.

[This message has been edited by Excelsior (edited 07-04-2000).]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Sounds a good idea to have a special Music
    related board for posts on Albums, Concerts etc. I think the Books boards is quite full at present, hint-hint DeVore smile.gif.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

a few ads in Hot Press would make a music board here a very funky hangout for musician types. Lotsa traffic biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

And what would ye good people think about moderators being me, and say, el pres?
    we'd be really good.

It is so lonely here in my indecipherable tower of speech impedimency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭tr1n1ty

Great idea and some super suggestions folks -why not? and get all the music folk trading guitarists, secrets et all on the Board.

To Infinity and Beyond!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

what an awesome {!} idea that could only have been overlooked by such a mindless lot as thou whost run this place !

smile.gif

gentle now, gentle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

'stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Agreed

Great idea, there is a need for this with a general boards site this this one.

For instance, I'm looking for a guitarist at the moment to play, jam, gig, make lotsa money and influence the direction of this.

A music board, both geared at listeners and musicians would be an excellent addition to the site, and fill the void.

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Frances Farmer

I completely agree with Kev on this one. A music board is really needed so people can share opinions and information.
    smile.gif

FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, I'll look into creating this but, will it be busy enough?
    Whose going to post to it?
    Anywhere we can get a community from?

I've been thinking about combining books, films and music for a while now to make a more active board, but I dunno.

Thoughts?
    Tom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Didn't we have a music board before we were moved to boards.ie? I do recall it getting closed due to lack of activity.

That aside, now that we're a brand spanking new site totally dedicated to the online community in Ireland (and beyond) and not just the gamers, maybe it's time to bring it back. Also - Lucutus' suggestion would sort it out - add in HotPress and the likes. Your department I believe tr1n1ty? wink.gif

Regarding a combo board. Maybe the "Real Life" Main heading and then sub-boards of Music/Radio, Films/TV, Book/Mags, Work, For Sale and After Hours. Dunno, just a suggestion...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Maybe you could "help" me run it Micro. smile.gif

It is so lonely here in my indecipherable tower of speech impedimency

I think a board for Music would be greatly appreciated @ www.boards.ie

In order to make Boards.ie as universal as it's URL suggests, a board for music, the music scene, different tastes, new music, old music, comments, opinions etc, is just what aspiring critics, musican, sound guys, lighting guys yadd, yadda, yadda, could use. Boards.ie is already the focus UBB from one large enuf community, (Don't play dumb, you all know who I mean). Why not try to make boards.ie the central UBB hub for more Irish communities such as music etc?

I volunteer to moderate, promote and properly run a music board on boards.ie aimed at the currantly vibrant music scene in Dublin and Ireland.

(Besides, I might find that guitarist along the way!)

biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i dont know about a full scale music bored.
    i know the books and film board are used, but not their ful potential.
    i suggest mixibg the three together to get a media board to be honest
    at least it would beway more popular

You have a point WWMan, if the three boards were to be merged, we'd have a little bit of everything in one section. Easy to manage and simple for everyone, i.e. general public. Also, more popular of course it would get more hits with such a braod range.

However, the type of community I propose we attract to the boards will more than likely not have any inclination to post to a 'general all forms of entertainment' board. This would be a board targeted at music, and music alone. If we can do this for a large, diverse community of people in all forms and walks of music, then we could probably use it as a testing ground to try to attract more communities to the boards. this site has the capacity and the potential to be so much more than the 'Quake boards', why don't we try to make it into the center for Irish internet general public communities?

(I know it's scary, all those strangers trapsing all over our lovely welcome mat, but why not?)

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Smurfy

I reckon its a great idea! perhaps some of them could be combined and if there is enough traffic it could go solo. I can't understand why it was not popular before...weird.

adieu adieu........remember me eek.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

me thinks a music board would b a good idea

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Give us a music board
    NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

yea bring it back
    best place of pointless arguements

oh yea and put me in charge smile.gif
    *FEEL THE POWER*

[This message has been edited by MiCr0 (edited 11-04-2000).]

np excel
    i could rule all powerful with u at my site as my trusty sidekick

j/k couldn't resist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

Music board is up and not working and I think that I the celtic tiger would provide ample ?sustenance? (as moderater/co-moderater of the board) for all the users young and old!!!!!!! OASIS...OASIS...OASIS!!!!!

that is all

tct

eek.gif

And with that I stand down as leader of this ancient and very sacred society. I just hope you will treat your new leader with as much love and respect as you have shown me. I bid thee farewell.
    thank you

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oasis, right...

I think the idea is to have a music board with good music tongue.gif

Nice site btw - love the A-Team section...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

i feel as a very long term user of the boards in all guises i would be very suitable to manage the music boards smile.gif

SEX
    got u're attention VOTE MICR0

Advertisement