Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One hour of stats from Party Poker...

Options
  • 17-11-2004 6:23pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, this might be of interest. I started playing Party Poker this weekend I sat down for an hour just now and have broken about even (after one filthy runner runner flush took 50 notes off me :( )

So here is an hours worth of stats... I have no idea what these should be so I thought I'd post them here!

Hands played 92
    Won: 21%
    Showdowns Won: 100%
    Flops seen: 35%
    win% if flop seen: 39%

I'm a bit confused about the 100% showdowns won as I lost at least one on the river when I called. That was a different table so maybe the stats are for each table ??

Also, any way to tile Party Pokers screens? even playing two tables is confusing as hell...

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

well, the 100% of showdowns won is good, that means that you're making good calls and you're not in a hand in till the end if you haven't got the best of it..

overall you look pretty solid..it would be worse if it said something like:
    Flops seen: 85%
    win% if flop seen: 10% or that kinda thing...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

After two hours its gone to:

Hands played 149 (I stopped multi tabling as it was wrecking my head)
    Won: 20% (1% drop)
    Showdowns Won: 85% (15% drop I think that was from one single showdown though)
    Flops seen: 32% (3% drop)
    win% if flop seen: 44% (5% rise... I've been playing a bit tighter and more agressive on the flop)

So far I'm up to 102 from 50 starting. Playing on a .25/.50 table.
    These players are wrecking my head by the way. I simply cannot model what they are thinking so a lot of this feels like guesswork.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Presume you are playing NL ? The lower limits on Party can be a mine field. Tighten until you spot the aggressive players and the milk them when you get a hand. With the amount of players you must use the notes or you will forget them, as soon as you have a rough idea of how they play note it and adjust when necessary. As soon as you build up a rack of notes you can easily spot tables to play in the future. The best profit is in the 50 or 100NL tables. The 50NL STT are also good value.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah I'm playing NLH cash and I'm beginning to agree with you that the 25NLH cash table isnt worth my time (literally!). The STTs seem reasonable too.

DeV.

right about to log off for the night and my stats after 4 hours are:

Hands played 276
    Won: 22% (pretty consistent over the 4 hours which suprised me as I had thought it was abnormally high)

Showdowns Won: 80%
    Flops seen: 34% (also pretty consistent which is also surprising to me as I played from rock to cRaZy and back again).

win% if flop seen: 49% This is a real surprise to me. I was playing aggressive so I was trying to get a lot of them to fold but every second hand I entered I won?? ... that seems odd. This increased from 35% early on when I was getting used to the loopy fookin' plays they sometimes make. I can actually FEEL my brain turning turning to mush playing these goons!

Anyway, finished the session 145 quid from 50 starting (I played two tables at 25 a pop each) not bad for 4 hours work. :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

That's good going. You can actually get more info from the players than you think but guys you haven't seen before can be dangerous to your bankroll.

Was that a 10player table? If so that 22% win rate is excellent.

I've taking a liking to the .25/.5 PL 6 seater games lately on gamingclub and ladbrokes ot a lesser extent. If I'm over 20% win rate for an hours play it's unusual.

yeah I prefer 9-10 player games.

Couldnt keep away from it for the night so I went back and played a STT for 20 notes and won it fairly straightforwardedly. Total earnings for the day so far is 200 profit, which gives me a lovely warm feeling!

stats for the STT were:
    Hands played 77
    Won: 30%
    Showdowns Won: 85%
    Flops seen: 29%
    win% if flop seen: 60%

I'm enjoying the stats even more then winning heheh...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Out of interest why did you pick Party Poker instead of Ladbrokes or VC? Alot of the poker board regulars have been praising VC especially.

lafortezza wrote:
    Out of interest why did you pick Party Poker instead of Ladbrokes or VC? Alot of the poker board regulars have been praising VC especially.
    Not to mention gaming club where SA have the affiliate thingee going!!!

On a related note I got an email from PP today. They gave me free entry into a Aussie Millions Sat (worth 39$) and 15$ which is released when I play 150 raked hands in the next 2 weeks all because my account with them has been inactive for the last few months! So I proceeded to bust spectactularly out of the Sat on the 2nd hand after flopping a straight (was all-in pre-flop) and then turned the 15 into 50 playing at a 25$ NL 6-seater table.

I just started on PP because a mate was also on it. Also apparently its got the easiest cash, and online I play strictly for money. Its not fun or social, I just grind the hands and take the money. I'm up to about 350 from my starting 100 in 2 sessions.

I've signed up with SA's affiliate already but I'm damned if I'm going to tell people my nick!!

DeV.

ps: I'm a bad BAD man. Read this for sheer barefaced cheek :)
    ***** Hand History for Game 1193581890 *****
    100/200 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 7275284) - Thu Nov 18 16:21:58 EST 2004
    Table Table 14272 (Real Money) -- Seat 4 is the button
    Total number of players : 7
    Seat 1: sbwolf (655)
    Seat 2: Pogo83 (595)
    Seat 4: jpredfield (1105)
    Seat 5: Qdigs (1445)
    Seat 7: DeVoreIE (970)
    Seat 8: Mr_Bayberry (2285)
    Seat 9: STOCKMAN5252 (945)
    Qdigs posts small blind (50)
    DeVoreIE posts big blind (100)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to DeVoreIE [ 8h, Tc ]
    Mr_Bayberry folds.
    STOCKMAN5252 folds.
    sbwolf folds.
    Pogo83 folds.
    jpredfield raises (250) to 250
    Qdigs folds.
    DeVoreIE raises (870) to 970
    DeVoreIE is all-In.
    jpredfield: oh no
    jpredfield: what to do
    jpredfield folds.
    Creating Main Pot with $1270 with DeVoreIE
    ** Summary **
    Main Pot: 1270
    sbwolf balance 655, didn't bet (folded)
    Pogo83 balance 595, didn't bet (folded)
    jpredfield balance 855, lost 250 (folded)
    Qdigs balance 1395, lost 50 (folded)
    DeVoreIE balance 1270, bet 970, collected 1270, net +300
    Mr_Bayberry balance 2285, didn't bet (folded)
    STOCKMAN5252 balance 945, didn't bet (folded)

***** Hand History for Game 1193584603 *****
    100/200 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 7275284) - Thu Nov 18 16:22:52 EST 2004
    Table Table 14272 (Real Money) -- Seat 5 is the button
    Seat 4: jpredfield (855)
    Seat 5: Qdigs (1395)
    Seat 7: DeVoreIE (1270)
    Seat 8: Mr_Bayberry (2285)
    Seat 9: STOCKMAN5252 (945)
    DeVoreIE posts small blind (50)
    Mr_Bayberry posts big blind (100)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to DeVoreIE [ 2h, 5c ]
    STOCKMAN5252 raises (200) to 200
    DeVoreIE: you see what I showed?
    DeVoreIE: how soon do you have to unclick the box?
    jpredfield: you didnt show
    sbwolf folds.
    Pogo83 folds.
    jpredfield folds.
    Qdigs folds.
    DeVoreIE folds.
    Mr_Bayberry folds.
    ** Summary **
    Main Pot: 350
    sbwolf balance 655, didn't bet (folded)
    Pogo83 balance 595, didn't bet (folded)
    jpredfield balance 855, didn't bet (folded)
    Qdigs balance 1395, didn't bet (folded)
    DeVoreIE balance 1220, lost 50 (folded)
    Mr_Bayberry balance 2185, lost 100 (folded)
    STOCKMAN5252 balance 1095, bet 200, collected 350, net +150

***** Hand History for Game 1193586277 *****
    DeVoreIE: AKo
    100/200 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 7275284) - Thu Nov 18 16:23:25 EST 2004
    Table Table 14272 (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the button
    Seat 4: jpredfield (855)
    Seat 5: Qdigs (1395)
    Seat 7: DeVoreIE (1220)
    Seat 8: Mr_Bayberry (2185)
    Seat 9: STOCKMAN5252 (1095)
    Mr_Bayberry posts small blind (50)
    STOCKMAN5252 posts big blind (100)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to DeVoreIE [ 7s, 8d ]
    jpredfield: what did you have
    sbwolf folds.
    Pogo83 folds.
    jpredfield raises (200) to 200
    Qdigs folds.
    DeVoreIE: would rather have had AA but I'm not passing up AK :)
    jpredfield: kq suited
    DeVoreIE folds.
    Mr_Bayberry folds.
    STOCKMAN5252 raises (995) to 1095
    STOCKMAN5252 is all-In.
    jpredfield calls (655)
    jpredfield is all-In.
    ** Dealing Flop ** : [ Tc, 3s, 8s ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** : [ 9h ]
    DeVoreIE: ho ho... I wish you HAD called!

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:
    I've signed up with SA's affiliate already but I'm damned if I'm going to tell people my nick!!
    Who are you afraid of? :D

And yes you are evil. I only ever show my cards when they are 72o and I win with it. Obviously I don't have to show it often. Is surprisingly good for putting an opponent on tilt, especially heads up!

I'm afraid of the guys I regularly play with knowing its me (and therefore knowing my play style) while I think they are some goon with money to take!

If you can spot the decent players at cash table fast, you wont lose as much money!

The one good thing about online play (apart from the seemingly unending stream of morons with money :) ) is being able to point at the avatar and commanding them to "fold you stupid b*tch, dont be a clever goon!" followed by "wooooohoooo in your face flanders!" :):)

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

DeVore wrote:
    The one good thing about online play (apart from the seemingly unending stream of morons with money :) ) is being able to point at the avatar and commanding them to "fold you stupid b*tch, dont be a clever goon!" followed by "wooooohoooo in your face flanders!" :):)

DeV.

I'm sure I saw you do that in the Fitz ;)

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

So, I'll be looking out for DeVoreIE next time I log on to PP :)
    My friend and I often play the same STT while logged on, only one player ever has commented on both of us being from Dublin.

Advertisement