Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search engine troubles

Options
  • 17-11-2004 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else finding the boards search engine often no worky? I just get "connection closed by remote server" message.

Mike.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Now and again over the past couple of weeks Search would go tits up on me. Noticed it would happen if entered some search criteria and user name :confused: but was fine when searching by user name alone.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Feel free to start noting what exactly causes it to b0rk on this thread. If enough people post enough examples, including the error messages, then it might become obvious what the solution is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

When I enter the search on the Evil Style the page just waits and I get the "this doccument has no data" pop up that firefox generates

I'm on yellow style now and the search works fine .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I cant even find a thread I know exsists..."Shell" (as in oil company) in the motors forum.
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Also tried Super unleaded.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Genius! some rep coming your way.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Also, not a bug as such, but is there any way to make it look for all the words in your search, instead of only counting all words above three letters or four letters (can't remember which)? It's very difficult to find posts about topics like "dvd" and "cds"

Advertisement