Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new toys

Options
  • 17-11-2004 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Finally got myself the MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum.
    A64 (90nm) 3500+
    1GB PQI turbo 2-2-5-2
    Had a little play around with it so far and managed this stable with 3xHT and stock voltages on ram/cpu with 2.5-3-9-3 timings, I didn't try tightening them yet either but here are the results so far - primed for a few hrs so I'm not sure of how stable it is but it hasn't bombed on me yet!

I got the ram from www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk -- they just got gskill in if anyone is interested. Words of praise for them here: Great bunch, they rung me to answer questions I had about the ram, checked the modules and made sure I was happy with what I was getting before they sent it out to me -- top notch service, big thanks to Jakob there for looking after me. Highly recommended if you're buying ram. Ordered Monday - received Wednesday early afternoon.

result1.jpg

Really happy I decided to upgrade and stop my XP chip/mobo holding back my card which is now a lot happier.

This is with the stock amd hsf -- I'm very frustrated and eyeballing the Asus Star Ice which I planned on using to cool the cpu but I don't seem to be able to get it mounted on this board :(
    It's collecting dust atm..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

very nice memory results there in the sisoft benchmark what gpu are you running i'd say with a half descent gpu your scores in 3dmark05 will be hitting the roof .......fast rig you got there ....NIIIIICCCCEEEEE ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I definitly gotta get me some gskill pc4800 for my 2nd rig. I saw some results on xtremesystems forums, people running the mem @ 600+mhz , very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

6800GT dubdvd. I had the ram at 280fsb at one point giving me 7300ish membench scores in sandra. I corrupted my main profile in win2k like an eejit though, pushing 295fsb -- the one time I didn't use my 2nd profile for oc'ing! grrr :(

Settled for that overclock for now since it's prime stable, going to have another tinker over the weekend :)

Advertisement