Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone Line Rental and Calls

Options
  • 17-11-2004 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.
    Do Eircom still have the monopoly as regards to Line Rental. If not, who else can you go with, and who are the cheapest.
    At the moment I'm with eircom for everything: rental, calls and broadband, and think it's too expensive.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

3 companies will include line rental with your calls. UTV, Esat BT and Access Telecom.

UTV is probably your best bet they include unlimited off peak calls to to anywhere in ireland and then UK for free in their package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

The line rental eventually makes it way to the gangsters anyway.
    I've moved to UTV, and hopefully have paid my last line rental directly to the devil's spawn. Got a bill the other day - 29.99 for my broadband, and 3.99 for my calls. Not bad at all. Line rental is no cheaper with UTV.
    UTV...they're not Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭ZiggyStardust

Thanks guys. Was just checking a few of these out. EIRCOM are soooo ripping everyone off. Why are people still with them. I've ordered UTV talk already.
    Cheers.

Advertisement