Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A real-life First Person Shooter?

Options
  • 17-11-2004 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Y'know I'm not quite sure what to say about this, other than "Only in Texas"...

http://www.live-shot.com/
    We have developed a system where you can control a pan/tilt/zoom camera and a firearm to shoot at real targets in real time.

And they're setting up to be able to do hunting as well. I don't even want to think about the legal liability implications if someone was to get injured...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

setup.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Drifter

Kill wild animals for fun online!

http://www.live-shot.com/species.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote:
    setup.jpg

Sponsored by DELL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

Actually I can see this as a great way for somone with a permanent disability to take up target shooting or"hunting"[more like shooting fish in a barrel INMHO].I know what i'll be doing in my dotage in the numberd days nursing home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

This could be adapted with some image recognition/motion sensors to make one hell of a home security system - wonder if the guards would accept this as "secure storage"? :D

• Advertisement

You'd probably be done for running a funfair without a licence civ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

This sounds like something they did with Quake using GPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

Or maybe the remote controlled machine guns in Aliens??

Those weren't remote controlled though Glock, they were autonomous. You're thinking of the gun used in the Bruce Willis remake of Day of the Jackal.

jackal1.jpg

The walking stick with the mercury tipped bullets in the original was a lot classier...

• Advertisement

Everything in the original was classier civ :D

There was an article about Frederick Forsyth in the Shooting Times a couple of years back, he's a keen shooting enthusiast - and it shows in his writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Maoltuile

the_syco wrote:
    This sounds like something they did with Quake using GPS.

Computer Science department in Trinity had this as a final-year project a while back...

Advertisement