Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyprus V Isreal (Scores)

• 17-11-2004 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭

Would be great if Cyprus could take some points from this.

Half time score 1-1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Cant belive Cyprus pulled one back. If it is a draw I will be dead chuffed !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cant belive Cyprus pulled one back. If it is a draw I will be dead chuffed !

Yep on the stroke of half time as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't know what to hope for. Obviously a Cyprus win would leave us with more comfort on the top of the table but if Israel fail to beat Cyprus there will most likely be a lot more pressure on us to beat them in March. I don't think Israel's away form will give them a chance of qualifying in the end so I'm actually hoping for an Israel win.

The way i see it is, Israel have an outside chance of qualifying. I want them to get a draw or loose. I.E the least amount of points.

As long as we can win our home games and get draws away from home its top of the group for us !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

either way we have to beat Israel if wanna finish top of the group so come on Cyprus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I dont think we will beat france at home tbh :confused:

As long as we can win our home games and get draws away from home its top of the group for us !
    So then you should be hoping for an Israel win. The less pressure on our players the better and if they fail to beat Cyprus there will be enormous pressure on us. If the fans and newspapers could see past this result and concentrate on Israel's home form I'd be hoping for a draw or defeat but the won't.
    bizmark wrote:
    I dont think we will beat france at home tbh
    We have a better chance of beating France at home than Israel away IMO.

Still 1-1 12 mins to go...

we can defintely win ALL of our home games. That includes the Swiss, French or Israelis. We can beat anyone at home!!. The French are in a mess and arent the team they used to be. The swiss are tatically on the ball but we have the upper hand of them now and we can defintely beat the israelis at home, they arent near our standard.

4 points from the Israel + faroes and a draw (or cyprus win) tonight will do nicely ;)

1-2 Israel. Last minute.

• Advertisement

damn

balls

here is how it stands

P
    W
    D
    L
    Pts
    Republic of Ireland
    France
    Israel
    Switzerland
    Cyprus
    Faroe Islands

The swiss still have a game at hand and its looks like they will be top again.

A win against the faroes and a draw in Israel would do the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Four Cypriots booked and two Israelis. Might be a blessing for us later in the campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Anyone see Israel play yet? are they any use? dont seem to be very consistant!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

When are the swiss playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

next set of fixtures...

26-Mar-2005 Israel - IRELAND
    26-Mar-2005 France - Switzerland

30-Mar-2005 Switzerland - Cyprus
    30-Mar-2005 Israel - France

See France had another 0-0 at home against Poland,
    haven't won at home this season,
    Ireland 0-0, Israel 0-0, Bosnia 1-1
    look like the results of a very average eurpoean team