Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cypriot in French?

Options
  • 17-11-2004 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know how to say Cypriot in French? It's not in the dictionary so I'm looking to all the clever people on Boards to help me out!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

chypriote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Really? 'Cos I was making it up in my head and I came up with that, but without the e

47,500 google hits can't be wrong http://www.google.ie/search?hl=ga&q=chypriote&btnG=Cuardach+Google&meta=

It's weird - the "e" seems to used after both masculine and feminine nouns.

Hey thanks, I don't suppose you know another word for "but" in French apart from "mais"? I'm trying to say "but if you want"

Um, maybe "pourtant, si vous voulez..."?

"Pourtant" is closer to "however", though.

Or maybe "Si vous voulez quand même" = "if you want, all the same".

It's hard to tell what sounds best without more context!

• Advertisement

It's ok I'm going around it. Thanks a million for the help though, I'm doing an essay and it has to be in for the morning so I just want to finish it and forget about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

"mais" could be also :
    cependant

Advertisement