Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wave Bye Bye to Eircom???

Options
  • 17-11-2004 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

[rant]
    6 Months ago my Eircom phone line blew down in a storm. Eircom were most unhelpful and left us without a phone line for three months. We had to do a bit of Tree Surgery across a few neighbours gardens before eircom would come out and re-string the line.

Since that day I have made it my mission to one day be able to turn around and give the bastards the two finger salute. Now that ComReg have released a block of IP phone numbers it looks like that day will come sooner than I thought.
    [/rant]

To do this as far as I can see I need three things:
    1) Wireless or Cable Broadband (Thank You IBB Ripwave)
    2) VOIP Provider with VOIP Number (I'm looking at you BluePhone!!! http://www.bluephone.ie)
    3) A VOIP Phone ( Maybe A WiFi SIP Phone??? http://voipstore.pulver.com/product_info.php?products_id=35)

Now, I'm quite technically literate but software is my bag o' bananas and when it comes to hardware I'm like a duck out of water. I know that some of the folks here are more techie than Spock. So... what do you reckon to the set up above. I reckon Ripwave is the weak link but I can always splash for Breeze if its a problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

NTL cable if avail in your area

+ check out babble.com it was in a bargains thread this week free VOIP calls blah blah blah search for it as for the phone im in the pond with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Babble don't give you an Irish phone number as far as I know.

BluePhone seem to be the most switched on of the Irish VOIP companies.

Advertisement