Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG:A - 1x12 - The Definant One [Spoilers!!]

• 17-11-2004 10:56pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So just saw the latest episode of Stargate: Atlantis. Penned by long-time writer/director Peter deLuise, it's quite a decent episode, if not spectacular. It's centred around McKay and Sheppard who are investing a downed wraith craft where, despite ten millenia having passed, one of the wraiths still lives and is intent on hunting them down. Accompanying are two young scientists, entirely out of place...Forde and Tey-Lo are shoved to the sidelines but given they're the weaker half of the cast, it doesn't matter too much.

Found the episode quite dark, as SG:A has been the past few times. The suicide was quite surprising - I didn't expect them to do that, felt there'd be a more cop out ending but I'm glad they went the way they did. It was nice to see Rodney's character development acknowledged by a third party - that he can pretend and fuss all he likes but he's a more courageous and better man now (certainly more so than his first SG1 appearance). And it's nice to see Sheppard is, from a military tactics POV, again shown to be smart (after "The Eye" last week). He's very good at keeping a calm head in trouble and it endeared more to his character.

All in all a good installment and has me confident they can continue it for the now confirmed second season.

What did you think of SG:A - 1x12 - "The Defiant One"? 9 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    11% 1 vote
    Ehh, it was alright.
    88% 8 votes
    Bad SG:A - no cookie!
    0% 0 votes
    I'd rather watch Andromeda. Twice.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

I thought it was good but not great. I'm loving Atlantis so far and am confident it'll keep me interested :)

I almost felt that that guy shot himself because he couldn't tolerate Mc Kay's yapping and rambling. I chuckled a little. I didn't expect it either tbh. I agree that Rodney's character is developing well. I think we'd all have gotten tired of the 'wussy' attitude eventually and i found him very annoying in the SG1 episode when he first appeared but i think his character has grown on me.

I'm especially happy that this episode featured the Wraith. We hadn't seen them in a few episodes and it's great that we're discovering more and more about them.

What were those little light beings? I thought they might have been analysed or defined some more but we never found out much about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

It was truley a good episode i liked it allot SGA is good but i just dont know if it will last the amazing 9 seasons that SG1 has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I only managed to get around to watching this one last night. Its nice to see that my early reservations about a psuedo-military team not willing to use lethal force have been well-and-truely dis-spelled by the last 2 episodes. Sheppard has finally started shooting at people and using some military tactics. Whats more, they appear to have got Ford in on the act, and the scientist shooting himself was pretty ugly too.

Well done SGA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

true there was no team member suicide in sg1 it shiows they can come up with ne idias

Advertisement