Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

yeehaaaaaaaa mother f***

Options
  • 17-11-2004 11:34pm
    Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭

Today people i'm a happy man i'm released from hospital after being the passenger in a toyota avensis in which we had a high speed crash this morning. Flipped the car at 90mph after taking a bend chasing another car. Both car lost it and are completely totaled. We walked from it whcih if you saw the cars you would not believe it to see the cars. People the only thing that saved my ass was my seat belt. soooooooooooooooo........

IN FUTURE BELT THE F*** UP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Why the hell were you driving at 90pmh and chasing someone?
    I can understand maybe driving at that speed on the motorway if your in a rush, most of us have done that. But chasing some one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

What in the name of f**k were you doing going 90 round a bend? If you are not a guard your a f**king tosspot. And everyone else in the car. And if you are a guard the guy that was driving is a f**king tosspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Today people i'm a happy man i'm released from hospital after being the passenger in a toyota avensis in which we had a high speed crash this morning. Flipped the car at 90mph after taking a bend chasing another car. Both car lost it and are completely totaled. We walked from it whcih if you saw the cars you would not believe it to see the cars. People the only thing that saved my ass was my seat belt. soooooooooooooooo........

Its people like your driver who help make insurance so expensive for the rest of us with an ounce of responsibility.Congratulations on not killing anyone while you where acting the idiot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Do you really think you're gonna get sympathy or kudos here? What kind of a tit are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

dark_knight_ire you are a tosser of the first order and are banned for a week.

The last thing we need is you comming on here telling us how clever you are.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

From what I recall, this chap is a Garda...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:confused: *cough*

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

The GARDAI drive toyota Avensis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

http://sligoweekender.ie/news/story.asp?j=19962 - not our chap but recent all the same.

Last year's car of the year award went to the Toyota Avensis

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

just chatting to dark_knight_ire here now after his "incident" he's a wee bit sore after it but he'll survive, but he did want me to mention (to all those who thought he's a tosser etc...) he was out risking his life :eek: trying to catch that stolen car, trying to make the world a safer place for us all, so just remember that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

He should have made that a bit more clear tbh

Sorry man good to hear you’re not badly injured....er here have some + rep

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Well to tell you the truth...i thought tosser as soon as i read that post!!! :o But being a Garda on duty changes all that.:cool: So, glad to see your not too hurt and i hope the stupid ****er you were chasing gets what he deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Good to hear you're ok :)

From my experience, I believe Gardai on duty are belting up now at a much greater rate than a year or two ago. This is good news and indeed it might have saved your life!

P.S. in future when posting, remember to state you're a guard where appropriate, even after you've had a few bevvies to calm the nerves ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

heh. you can almost feel the 'holy s*** i'm still in one piece!' post-accident adrenaline rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Get a better driver or a better car. Being outrun by 16 year old scum must suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

mike65 wrote:
    dark_knight_ire you are a tosser of the first order and are banned for a week.

The last thing we need is you comming on here telling us how clever you are.

Mike.

Why would you band him before he even has a chance to reply and explain himself? His point was that a seat belt saved his life. He just had a story to go with it. Wether he was a Garda or not he was informing us to wear seatbelts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Just wanna add that I wasn't attempting to have a go at you personally, but I think that our fine boys and girls in blue should have better equipment than a Toyota Avensis to fight crime with. Crap resources and all that. Glad you're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

I hear you re. seat belts and am glad you've walked out of this in one piece to fight crime another day - but one instance of a seat belt saving your life does not equate to seat belts saving lives everytime. The balance of probabilities is that it will, I concede, but I know of 2 instances first-hand in which wearing the seat belt would have killed the driver, and that's no extrapolation:

No speeding involved (65-70 mph on M'way),
    just (very) wet roads on Xmas Eve,
    a moronic apprentice mechanic and
    a resultingly-malfunctioning cruise control after a car service,
    a idiotic driver who cut up,
    front wheels driving at 60 mph and the cruise control not disengaging,
    back wheels locking up as braking had no effect...
    eventual spin - hit central reservation - across emergency lane - jump the 7ft drop in the freshly-ploughed field - 3 rolls car end-to- car end - ejection through the sunroof (no belt).

If the seat belt had been worn and my dad had been in the car, he'd have had his choice of:
    death by crushing (Renault 25 V6 engine 3/4 into the habitacle),
    death by decapitation (roof V-bent halfway into the front seats - in fact the whole car was V-shaped) or
    death by burning (car flamed up 5 mins after coming to rest).
    There wasn't even a single screw or bolt to save from the car.

Now I do belt up - but it's been a long time for me to start wearing it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Hope we're not going down that rat hole again about seat belts. There was a long thread in September IIRC (do the search yourself) about this. Seat belts do save lives in the majority of accidents. In a small number of cases they can be a hindrance.
    But can you pick the situation where this will occur? No.
    So wear the fricking belt all the time. No debate.

And I do know of cases too where people would have been killed or seriously injured if they had worn a belt. But I'll take my chances by using my seat belt all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

I dont envy the Gardai their crap cars a Toyota Avensis is not meant to be driven round corners at 90 mph.The Gardai need to be given fast chase cars.

Iv seen them using a 1.3 corrola to chase a bm lol. Reminds me of a story a Garda told me about chasing a 911 around crumlin in renault 4 hehe the lads were letting him catch up then taking off again .

Still the Gardai are a brave lot what with not having guns and having crap cars.Maybe if that car had not been stopped somebody would have died fair play to u mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Can wait to see the national safety council ad..... "Young Garda's think their good drivers....."

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

So what if he is a garda , he is still stupid to get into a 90mph car chase , thats all the joyriders want . who cares if a car gets stolen , it's insured .

Yes I have had cars stolen on me before and yes it is a bloody nightmare , but this pales in comparison to someone getting killed just because the guards decide to act the hero .

there are far better ways to stop joyriding (stingers etc). and if this was more than just a joyriding incident then use the radio to , wait for it , co -ord -in ate.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Was it absolutely necessary to pursue the stolen car at high speed in an environment where the two cars could (& did) roll? IIRC, forces in the UK have adopted a policy of not visibly following a high speed car because of the obvious dangers. What would have happened if you did hit someone?

a_ominous wrote:
    Hope we're not going down that rat hole again about seat belts.
    No we're not - it's just a case in point, which I thought I'd share as it's relevant - and that's what Forums are for, no?!?
    a_ominous wrote:
    There was a long thread in September IIRC (do the search yourself) about this. Seat belts do save lives in the majority of accidents. In a small number of cases they can be a hindrance.
    But can you pick the situation where this will occur? No.

My, my, my - throwing the teddy are we? What's the matter with you? No s**t for 3 days?
    a_ominous wrote:
    And I do know of cases too where people would have been killed or seriously injured if they had worn a belt. But I'll take my chances by using my seat belt all the time.

Good for you. (truly and sincerely) hope you never have to be in the situation yourself (I have -reverse, though: it didn't work when it should have- and it ain't fun).

I'm not advocating for or against wearing the seat belt. You'd fill a server up with the debate. I wear it and now spend an extra 10 mins everytime I take my baby daughter in and out of the car, fastening her baby seat properly and herself inside it - I just wish "vociferous" seat belt advocates like you would be just as enthusiastic (read: correspondingly "patient") when I'm doing this in a car park instead of honking because it takes me "too long" to come out of the parking spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

ehh, so what if someone is honking at you, they are the idiots in that scenario and we all know it , but you can't just cast kbannon into that group as a form of defence .

personally i'd take my time if they were honking , I know nothing is more important than your kids safety so fair play to you. too many times i've seen kids standing on the back seat of a car.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Fionn101 wrote:
    ehh, so what if someone is honking at you, they are the idiots in that scenario and we all know it , but you can't just cast kbannon into that group as a form of defence .

personally i'd take my time if they were honking , I know nothing is more important than your kids safety so fair play to you. too many times i've seen kids standing on the back seat of a car.
    wtf??? :confused:
    I never mentioned honking and in fairness I always give people time esp where kids are concerned and rarely honk (even if Im driving and someone does something stupid!)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Fionn101 wrote:
    So what if he is a garda , he is still stupid to get into a 90mph car chase , thats all the joyriders want . who cares if a car gets stolen , it's insured .

Yes I have had cars stolen on me before and yes it is a bloody nightmare , but this pales in comparison to someone getting killed just because the guards decide to act the hero .

there are far better ways to stop joyriding (stingers etc). and if this was more than just a joyriding incident then use the radio to , wait for it , co -ord -in ate.
    So based on this guys 4 line post you've concluded that they were chasing a joyrider, were acting the hero and had failed to co-ordinate with other Gardai - i.e. were just chasing this guy in the hope that he'd crash or they'd hit him and spin him out?

Since I'm guessing that the joyrider bit is a guess since the car was stolen, can you back up the rest of your assertions please?

How do you know they hadn't just come upon this stolen car, were 30 seconds into a chase (you need to keep chase for a certain period, it's no use if the Gardai lose them), when it happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Sounds like he got a thrill out of it to be honest - judging from his subject line "yeehaaaaaaaa mother f***"...typical of most young Gardai behind the wheel...

Fionn101 wrote:
    you can't just cast kbannon into that group

To best of my knowledge, I don't think I did that. I intimated that other people of kbannon's strong opinion might.
    Fionn101 wrote:
    as a form of defence

Don't think I need any - so kbannon has an opinion? So f***** what? So have I and so have you and the beauty of Forums is you can voice (well...write) them!

Likewise, I'm not the one taking the high stance here, kbannon was:
    kbannon wrote:

Not as if we're fighting or something - lighten up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

DukeDredd wrote:
    Sounds like he got a thrill out of it to be honest - judging from his subject line "yeehaaaaaaaa mother f***"...typical of most young Gardai behind the wheel...
    He wasn't driving.
    I'd probably be in the same state of euphoria after experiencing such a thing, and coming out alive. There's no greater feeling than having cheated death (well, there is, but it's well up with "Good feelings").

Advertisement