Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercress

Options
  • 16-04-2000 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

Many of ye heard them?
    They were in Connoly's of Leap this saturday night (bout 100 yards from me house smile.gif) And they were absolutely fantastic. Something of a cross between REM and Nirvana. The main singer is ****ing cool. On saturday he played: base guitar, acoustic, electric, one of those mini guuitar things, trumpet, dijeridoo (spelling?), drums, those rattle things?, mouth organ, and did really cool sound effects kinda like that guy outta police academy.
    One seriously talented bans here. They are gonna be big in a few years. I hope.
    Got a signed CD for me birthday too smile.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I remember seeing them on 2TV a few times - we're talking 3, 4 years ago when I first saw 'em. Pretty cool. I don't own any of their albus and stuff though frown.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

i remember seeing these muppets at a college gig in ucg a few years ago. then i saw them again last year in the TBMC. i am still having nightmares.
    if you are into la la la indie pop then great but the lead singer is the most annoying person i have ever seen on stage and that includes liam gallagher.
    harVey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I saw them at connolly's once - bluddy good live, and heard their EP (?) once, some good stuff. they used to be on 2tv/the beatbox, years ago - the house was burning down and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

I saw them years ago in the underground two nights in a row by accident. They played the same set and used the exact same comments in and between songs which is a crime. They are a typical irish band trying latching on 5 years too late to what they think is trendy in the hope of having a hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I saw them last year live too, and the end of the summer. They have loadsa new songs and were totally different. That said I suppose they are doomed to remain a small gig band. Where they are best at I might add.

• Advertisement
Advertisement