Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't EVER get married

• 18-11-2004 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

I got this from another forum...
    I just got home from a job interview, and met my wife as she was on her way to work. She told me there was some mail on the table and I should read it. Thinking that I had gotten in at one of the companies I applied at, I opened the top letter with my name and address on it.

It was divorce papers, along with a letter from my wife.

I thought it was some sort of joke at first, we have been together for over 4 years, never fight, and have enough money in the bank. But as I read on it became clear that this was for real. Apparently my wife has been seeing somone else, at the truck stop where she works, after just seeing this guy for 2 weeks, she's convinced that she loves him and not me.

As I sit and read more, I feel some sort of bile and anxiety rising in my chest. She want's me to move out, so that her boyfriend can move in, you see he is getting kicked out of his mothers place. Along with the letter there is a 5 day eviction notice. (when we originally signed the lease 4 years ago, it was put in her name)

I sit there stunned for a few minutes, and say to myself"well nothing you can really do about it, time to figure out your finances." and log onto our bank.

The money is completely gone.

Our Savings= Drained
    My Savings with her having account access= gone
    Our 401k fund= Completely Dry
    My nieces college fund in the bedroom= a missing jar.

I think about the files I keep as backups in the den laptop and go to them so I have some kind of evidence that she has completely ****ed me.

The laptop is gone, she took it with her, as well as all the financial papers.

I immediately call her work, demanding some kind of explanation. Work sounds surprised, and says that she is on vacation. I try her cell phone, and get the cruelst message of them all.

"Hi, this is (name witheld) I'm going away with my hunny for a few days to sunny (location witheld) if this is Sansmasher, have all your **** packed and out by the time I get back, the eviction is real. And if you take one thing that doesn't belong to you, I will make your life a living hell."

So here I sit, brokenhearted, confused, and broke. It looks that she left a man with good career prospects, educated, and attenditve for a fry cook who is spending my money in a location. I really don't know what else to say, and open it up to the forum for input and advice. I have 5 days to find a new place, find the money to rent it, change all of my personal info on the resumes I sent out, change mailing addresses, and all of the other ****.

I don't want her back, this was too much for someone that I truly loved to do. She is all but dead to me.

What the HELL could you do in this situation? :eek:
    Im a jealious bastard, so I'd probably go nuts and kill her boyfriend(and possibly her) when they got back from their nice vacation, which they payed with my money.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

thats ****ED up...
    how could ANYONE do something like that? what a ****ing bitch!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

christ almighty thats fierce, personally would hit a case of wine quick smart, fell sorry and get onto my solicitor, thats one of the most savage things ive heard in a while

e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Wow that's harsh, I'm guessing thatwas in America??

He sounds like a nice guy, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

sweet jebus :eek:
    cherokee nose job situation tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

MY *****NG GOD!!!!

If that was me,I would hunt her down and rip her black heart out!!!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

That woman is my new hero!

Lady, the side of pure evil salutes you!

Seriously though, a solicitor would sort out the finanical issues rather quickly and as all the bank money is trackable (as in who withdrew/lodged) she'd be smacked back to earth pretty quickly. The message she left is an idiotic thing for her to do too, not at all incriminating :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Omfg, how could anybody be so cruel? I mean what in that girl's right mind would wanna make her leave a nice successful guy like that for a guy who's outta work and lives in his mom's house?! Also, how could she spend HIS money? I mean come on, could YOU spend someone else's money just like that not caring about them or how much work they put in just to get that money? No... didn't think so... what a bisnitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

with nothing more to loose I'd pursue but one solitary plan. Move out of the house. Get a hefty crowbar. Return to the house some weeks later (by which time the thoughts mulling around in my head would surely have driven me to insanity and beyond) and brutally torture and murder the two of those ****ing assholes.

Then, some time later as I sit in the electric chair (presuming my temporary insanity plea didnt work out) and when asked if I'd like to make a final statement, I'd take great pleasure in breaking my arse laughing as the electricity makes my eyeballs liquify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

I've met people in my life that well go as low as that and make fun about it. reading the part "As I sit and read more, I feel some sort of bile and anxiety rising in my chest." I really did felt what he was saying. giving amount of pure rage I'll Kill the bitch with my bare hands and nail the boyfriends balls to the floor and kick his head till it opens up.....

yes I did had shìt day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Hmmm, I smell bull****. It seeps out of the letters as I read.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

rymus wrote:
    with nothing more to loose I'd pursue but one solitary plan. Move out of the house. Get a hefty crowbar. Return to the house some weeks later (by which time the thoughts mulling around in my head would surely have driven me to insanity and beyond) and brutally torture and murder the two of those ****ing assholes.

Then, some time later as I sit in the electric chair (presuming my temporary insanity plea didnt work out) and when asked if I'd like to make a final statement, I'd take great pleasure in breaking my arse laughing as the electricity makes my eyeballs liquify.

jesus man you have some imagination there. some people here say really wierd things !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

any examples do u know if this is bull**** Lex_Diamonds, just wondering? :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

This sort of post makes me question my mundane life and wonder if I could do more good as a contract killer... :eek: Hmm don't think I could do that tbh! How about knowing she lives in a palace surrounded by desert and has to pole dance every night - (the palace has a perimiter of landmines) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Marriage, don't knock it til you've tried it!

Hence I plan never to knock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

... Forgot to mention this is in Algeria. Just a guy I know is all... not sure about the landmines... fairly sure about the pole dancing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well, just goes to show...

Marriage is nothing more than a two-person piramid scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Eye

tbh if that happened to me it sit and have a long hard think about what to do, then to make myself feel better, i'd cancel all insurance policies, house car everything and then a few unattended candles would be carelessly left lying about and well she would'nt have f*ck all to come back to there, yeah she would have the money, but she would'nt get her car or house :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

He just got punk'd!
    Na its ****ed up though, is he irish or some other nationality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Sounds like a case for Judge Judy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Solicitor. Court appearance. Injunctions. Quick.

Regards

Ewan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Urban legend. This one was going around email about 6 months ago. There are people out there getting paid good money to write anecdotal horse****e for citizens to digest and pass on.

Glad to see nobody here actually believed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

That may be the case here Mojo but there are women out there who are as evil and self-centred as that. Believe me, I know. I was that soldier, unfortunately. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Nothing a swift blow to the head with a hammer won't solve. Where's your equality now biatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

MojoMaker wrote:
    Urban legend. This one was going around email about 6 months ago. There are people out there getting paid good money to write anecdotal horse****e for citizens to digest and pass on.

Glad to see nobody here actually believed it.

I was thinking this story might be an urban legend it was so "over the top", and you've confirmed it.

Unfortunately, there really are some unbelievably selfish people out there that would do something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

whoa - she sounds like a REAL piece of work......... if a woman did that on me, man - they'd need to wait like 50 years for them to invent star-trek type **** so they could indentify her remains!!!!

::: ven0mous :::

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

MojoMaker wrote:
    Urban legend.

Yeah sounds like one alright..

This is what I would do in that situation:

- Search the house and pawn off anything you could find of value
    - Have a nice big garage sale and sell everything else in the house
    - Go to the bank and get copies of all financial records
    - Write another letter to ex wife then tell them that youre only claiming for
    what you didnt get back in your half of the monies you've saved from the
    sale of various items.

Buy a plane ticket and go.. :)

They cant chase you as technically she stole half of what was yours and
    Im sure no judge would jail you for selling her stuff in the circumstances :D

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Some mistakes the guy has made:
    Lease in her name.
    She had access to ALL of his money.
    Finacial backups... not in a safe place.

Personally, i'll always keep my finaces my finances. A joint account for joint expenses and thats it.

Love grows cold, and people are hateful if you give them half a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Damn i'm good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

i was just thinkin , my mate was lookin in a mag and was reading a sex line add
    hear me moan for 99cent per miniute.
    i said jeasus im sittin on a fortune here, i hear me bird moan 24/7 and i dont get charged a penny .
    ill have to look in to this phone sex game for a nixer for her . lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

At least give credit to the forum you got it off, http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

And the thread is here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1338809 , theres a couple of updates here and there, very interesting. Infact on another board the guy having the trouble posted pictures of his wife nude and someone found them :). God i love somethingawful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

mobile04 wrote:
    i was just thinkin , my mate was lookin in a mag and was reading a sex line add
    hear me moan for 99cent per miniute.
    i said jeasus im sittin on a fortune here, i hear me bird moan 24/7 and i dont get charged a penny .
    ill have to look in to this phone sex game for a nixer for her . lol

I think most blokes should be looking to get their other halfs to go earn extra money this way.... might be a good way of getting shut of them for a few hours & them coming home all monaed out so they're not in the mood to moan or whinge or otherwise - LOL :D

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Sounds l;ike crap to me:

Unemployed yet he has 401 Thousand in the bank, and his cousins college fund in a jar?

I smell something funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

a 401K is an American savings scheme, not $401,000...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

heh........

women.

enough said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Bessacadia

bug wrote:
    Sounds like a case for Judge Judy :)

Yep- she is so scary Im sure she'd sort it in 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Sounds like bullcrap to me tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Well, here is a real-life story of what happened to a friend of mine:

Gets married, living in an apartment with his wife. This chick was always a bitch from hell, incidentally, but he loves her for some reason. All our friends (male and female) hate her.

One day he comes home to the apartment and everything is gone. Every stick of furniture, sheets, towels, toilet paper, food from the kitchen, telephone, everything. He gets a message on his mobile saying basically "I'm leaving you", and that is it.
    Over the next week or so, he discovers that she has not been paying the rent, electricity, gas, water bill or anything, for months. All along he had been giving her the money to pay all these bills - he owns a small business so does everything in cash - and she has been pocketing the money.

So financially he is screwed (though he was never in great shape anyway). But he is rid of this whorebag, so he is better off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

:eek: these stories are terrible...

i dont think i could trust anyone enough to let anything like this happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Gandhi wrote:
    Well, here is a real-life story of what happened to a friend of mine:

Gets married, living in an apartment with his wife...

I know a fella with a hefty crowbar that'd do a job on his ex if he's interested...

• Advertisement
Advertisement