Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The song that hasn't been written

Options
  • 14-04-2000 11:12am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Eh, I was sitting there in the main train station in Munich last night munching on a burger.Looking around at the strangers a though struck me, whilst the song "People are strange" by the Doors was going through my head,(Faces look ugly when they're strange, or something, etc..)
    Anyway I was wondering if there has been some kind of song written about every emotion and feeling, 'cos you always hear people saying stuff like "there will never be another band like the Beatles"...blah blah, etc...but that is obvious 'cos they were the originals and therefore any other band that sounds like them will be instantly compared to them, i.e. The Small Faces...
    Where was I..oh yeah...so does anybody think that they're is possibily another few original ideas still out there that haven't been trampled into the ground yet?

(This topic sounded alot better to the little mad rabbit that was running round inside my brain at the controls a few minutes ago)

...anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Yes, it's lovely.
    smile.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

lovely train station isn't it smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I was there about 12 odd years ago so I don't remember.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i suppose the one song that always gets me to think of "everything" would be massive attack - hymn of the big wheel. its just perfect and it gives me goose pimples every time, even after all these years.
    "an acid drop of rain, recycled from the sea,
    it washed away my shadow burned a hole in me"
    aaaaaah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Boss what are u up t in munich?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

yep. new ideas can seem impossible because
    few people escape the bonds of linear
    thought for long enough.

what we perceive as the whole, is simply
    the sum of its parts. Interpolating
    the extent of the boundaries of that
    whole, based on its assumed content
    will fall short due to the point raised in
    my first sentence.