Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circuit Board Timer

Options
  • 18-11-2004 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

I have moved in to a new place and recently I have been getting very high electricity bills so of course I went and checked out everything to find out what it was.
    So I have come across two little timer things on the circuit board. One says Day and the other Night and both can be turned from -4 to +4. Does anybody have any idea what they are for? I have storage heaters and I think this is what they is for but I'm not sure and I dont know what effect changing these will have. Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

ai ing wrote:
    I have moved in to a new place and recently I have been getting very high electricity bills so of course I went and checked out everything to find out what it was.
    So I have come across two little timer things on the circuit board. One says Day and the other Night and both can be turned from -4 to +4. Does anybody have any idea what they are for? I have storage heaters and I think this is what they is for but I'm not sure and I dont know what effect changing these will have. Any help much appreciated.

more info on storage heaters and Devi Reg controllers from a previous thread here

From my reading the Day timer button will have no effect on a night storage system, the night timer button in increased will allow the sorage heaters absorb more electricity to emit the following evening - it's clearer from the manual.

If your bill is very high, check that the heaters in the bedrooms and the immersion heater aren't on all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Thanks exactly what I was looking for. I have already checked the immersion and all the heaters and they are fine. It seems that they are not timers but actually thermostats

Advertisement