Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkthrone

Options
  • 18-11-2004 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Well, I finally got my hands on the new Darkthrone album, Sardonic Wrath, and I have to say it is excellent altogether! In fact, it's far better than anything they've done in years by far. Just plain down, dirty, crusty, raw, oldschool, primative Black Metal goodness.

Personally, I'm more of a fan of the more experimental/progressive Black Metal, like Enslaved, Arcturus, Emperor and all, who all use far more complex and interesting arrangements, but when it comes to something simple and stupid that just makes you want to grimace and throw your fist in the air, you just can't beat good old Darkthrone!

What's everyone's thoughts on the Darkthrone lads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'll try and get my grubby little hands on this if i can,i've heard good things about Darkthrone bout time i gave them a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Darkthrone are gods. Dark, cold and grim gods. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Fenriz in Elm Street a few years back. He's a strange little man, who uses his fame to acquire free beer. That's the true definition of a god.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

never had much time for darkthrone.always found them a one dimensional one trick pony type band.thought blaze and hunger were the most over rated pieces of sh!t i had ever listened to regarding the BM scene,considering the recommendations which came with them.
    burzum will always be a million times better.
    thats my thoughts anyway..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I met Fenriz in Betong, and later again in Elm Street earlier this year, Tommy... I thought he was a bit of a wanker myself, certianly wasn't buying him a drink tbh.

I'd agree aswell that Burzum are better, especially Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, which is probably better than anything Darkthrone has ever done. But still, I wouldn't be so hard on them, they've made some quality music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I met Fenriz in Betong, and later again in Elm Street earlier this year, Tommy... I thought he was a bit of a wanker myself, certianly wasn't buying him a drink tbh.

lol he's a weirdo, we knew some of the people he was with so there was a gang of us there pissed, he was mostly quiet then all of a sudden he'd just say something completely ****ed up out of the blue!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I barely got a few words out of him tbh... But I was with a whole different crowd altogether. When were you in Norway anyway? What did you think of the place and everything? How'd you find the beer? I think I've still got some Ringnes laying about here somewhere that I brought back with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I'd agree aswell that Burzum are better, especially Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, which is probably better than anything Darkthrone has ever done. But still, I wouldn't be so hard on them, they've made some quality music.

I love Hvis Lyset Tar Oss. I've had it blasting out the cassette player in my car for the past two weeks and I reckon it could be there for a while yet. I haven't listened to Darkthrone in years though. I'll have to try and have a look through my tape boxes at the weekend and have a listen again.

Advertisement