Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small bands that no one has heard off......

Options
  • 22-04-2000 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

NOJAHODA
    I got their album weird. They are a cool little band that should more exposure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

There are loads of bands out there who have very little exposure and are top of the pops. Many of them on the gig circuit around Ireland at the moment too. Big Bag of Sticks, The Pyrotechnics(now defunct but have a habit of getting together once or twice a year for a few gigs - probably the best gigs i was even at - never miss one when they do play) Lunasa and the Dead Plants to name but a few. On the other hand there are the understated bands which are signed but not getting the recognition and respect they deserve Palace Brothers(under whatever flag theyre appearing as), Airto, dEUS and The Flaming Lips for example. But, the killer of them all is some of the most influencial bands of the past and their being overlooked by the general public these days. Bands like The Soft Machine the true psychedelic band and fusion jazz inovators, Captain Beefheart (right better known granted but understated is their influence), CAN, Nick Drake etc.... this list goes on and on really. The point Im trying to make is people buy a David Gray album and they dont have a Nick Drake album in their collection - seems a bit strange.

thats the longest post i ever made. hangovers suck - really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Saw Watercress first backing up Jack L in The Da Club a long time ago can't mind when ....maybe 4 years ago now. Seen them since a few times round belfast and derry and know the singer with them - well had drinkies with the whole lot of them a few times. Good band, sound lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Hey 2040
    just so as you know that I know that watercress are supposed to have a new album ready but they have no cash so **** go out and buy there albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

not watercress AGAIN...
    saw them listed on the paper today to play some gig in cork on wednesday
    stay away
    harVey

well i won't insult your intelligence by sating nobody's ever heard of them but a good lofi sounding band i got into recently is Kingsbury Manx from the states
    check them out
    also judging by the great crowd at vicar street a couple of weekends ago quite a few people ( but not enough ) have heard of vic chesnutt. Greatest thing to come out of georgia since coke.

harVey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Right - i posted a topic ages ago on After Hours about Muse, because my friend was looking for info on them. But nobody replied. is this because nobody has heard of them? they're an english band, and their debut album was five stars an brilliant ratings from all the good music magazines.. dunno the names of them, but sure you know what i'm talking about. They're like a cross between Nirvana and early Placebo, and they're meant to be brilliant. The thing is, there are no mp3's to be found, and the only website it www.muse-official.com which isn't great. i've never actually listened to their stuff though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

I'd like you to know that i didnt read any of that but did anyone ever hear of watercress?

they're playing at the trinity ball in a few weeks, hope they be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

Illkillya wrote:
    Right - i posted a topic ages ago on After Hours about Muse, because my friend was looking for info on them. But nobody replied. is this because nobody has heard of them? they're an english band, and their debut album was five stars an brilliant ratings from all the good music magazines.. dunno the names of them, but sure you know what i'm talking about. They're like a cross between Nirvana and early Placebo, and they're meant to be brilliant. The thing is, there are no mp3's to be found, and the only website it www.muse-official.com which isn't great. i've never actually listened to their stuff though....

sorry to be dragging up old posts (im home bored on a sat night!), but im just wondering whatever happened to this little-known obscure band?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

4 years old. Bah, you and your children and your childrens children are banned for one month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭cilamc

Illkillya wrote:

I think some of you are misunderstainding the real thrift of this thread which is: "I am in a shiiiitty little band and think that by pretending I am not a member and championing of them on internet messageboards I will get some exposure and turn us into the next Beatles". It is message-board cliché #45372

"Big Bag of Sticks"......nurse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

hah, and look at their website now! :)

Advertisement