Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache Pizza wedges rip-off!

• 18-11-2004 4:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

OK so I know it's probably not the most important thing in the world right now, but I'll share my story anyway. The Spar store in Balbriggan has a branch of Apache Pizza within it, that is, next to the deli counter, there is another counter that is a mini-Apache Pizza outlet, which seems to have the same staff who work at either counter, depending on demand. Anywho I was in there yesterday at lunch time to get a sandwich and some potato wedges, and my friend got himself a pizza and wedges beside me. My wedges, in the now standard size box you get everywhere, were €1.40. The Apache ones, in the same size, but Apache-branded box was €4. We had a laugh and told Apache where to shove their wedges and moved about 3 feet to the left and got the same amount for €2.60 less.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Ah but the Apache one's would of tasted so much nicer. :rolleyes:

What's the betting they stop selling the one's at the deli counter leaving you with no choice but to buy the expensive one's.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

They are the same wedges afaik, just a different box, and I think the deli stops selling them after lunchtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

"... Under the fading lamp, half dressed -- my brain Idling on some compulsive fantasy --"

Hmm.

What exactly does this have relevance to in the real world?

If I might suggest you take up arms and forceably lower the prices of your local Apache piazza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

My local Apache Pizza doesn't deliver on weekdays... what sort of major Pizza chain doesn't deliver...?

I don't even have the opportunity to pay €4 for wedges...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

The sort that charges 4 euro for wedges, I might imagine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement