Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz Thursday Holdem cashgame

Options
  • 18-11-2004 4:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

In Oscar's absence I'm putting together a list for the game (50 min buyin, blinds 1-2, pot-limit), there's usually a fair bit of interest so let me know early to get a seat. Post to the thread or text me on 0872746044.

Good luck,
    Brendan.

BTW what's this Poker Gazette thing? Can it not be auto-filtered? If I wanted to be on an email list I'd subscribe to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Cheers Bren stick me down I'll be in at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I think the games here to stay for the minute nobody took names last thursday, id been getting a negative response because of the 200 game around the corner came in at 10 the game was flying

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

BrendanB wrote:
    In Oscar's absence I'm putting together a list for the game (50 min buyin, blinds 1-2, pot-limit), there's usually a fair bit of interest so let me know early to get a seat. Post to the thread or text me on 0872746044.

Good luck,
    Brendan.

BTW what's this Poker Gazette thing? Can it not be auto-filtered? If I wanted to be on an email list I'd subscribe to it.

throw my name down bren, cheers

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm tempted to play the 20-in though.... grrrrrr decisions decisions... might play the tournie first and if I get knocked out then I can get into the cash game.

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

There's no 20-in game tonight - is there?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

sorry, my bad. been sick in bed for a week can knock your track of time out of whack.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Well I enjoyed last nights game. There was some astounding play, one gentleman in the opposite corner of the table to me dominating with some excellent card play, and the odd piece of luck here or there.

Aye, he reminded me of a young TJ Cloutier with his world class hand selections and seemingly unbeatable play on the flop. Q3, K2, 83 and especially 72os are now all raising hands and hands you are sure to win at least 200 with each time you are lucky enough to pick them up!! For future reference AA and TT with a T high flop are no longer good hands and must be mucked when playing against such cash game sensations :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of checking it out tonight, hoping that he'll be there again, so that I can take some lessons. I wonder where can one subscribe to his newsletter/purchase his book?

Most. Fncked. Up. Game. Ever.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Still though, I guess we shouldn't scoff. There is no correct way of playing poker. And he was the one with our money. He lost back quite a bit of what he had earned - particularly to DeV and JP, but I'd still think he left quite a bit up? Strange game. Enjoyed it though.

He left with in profit alright. You wont hear any complaints from me though. I'd be happy to play against guys like that every single night of the week!

I was down 350 at one point. When I lost 150 to him when he cracked my AK with 3,5 after a big raise preflop and an A33 flop, I did something I swore I'd never do and swear to never do again. I went to the cashier with my credit card and took 200 cash out on it. Back in the game and lost another 100, kept my head and after 4-5 big hands was up to about 550 so I left with a 200 quid profit on the night. Like JP, I'd play against them all night every night.

I enjoyed that flopped nut-straight with 8T and the acting routine that went with it. Also, dont let Player X fool anyone, he's amazingly accurate at calling the score when the cards are down and will loudly proclaim to anyone who is in earshot that he could see that coming a mile off.

Hand of the night for me had to be a rather psyhic call with 97, hitting a 9 on the flop, a 7 on the turn and a 9 on the river. Heavy betting all the way (and worrying about the 4-straight on board until the river gave me my house).

Guy calls all my bets (including river ) with AQ high.

Just.
    Fookin'.
    *boggle*
    :eek:

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Dear Lord,

You lads see this guy often?

What nights does he play?

Dead money.......but those gits get super lucky sometimes :*(

Samba wrote:
    Dear Lord,

You lads see this guy often?

What nights does he play?

Dead money.......but those gits get super lucky sometimes :*(
    Damn right. He was getting super lucky last night. I'd love to play against him again. I know myself, JP and DeV were all gone from teh game within 5 hands of him leaving. I was holding on all night to finally get a hand against the guy to extract some money, and teh only time I found something (which may well have been behind) that I was going to raise all in with, I had Tom to act after me, and figured him for a better hand than he had so laid mine down. Was an interesting night. Like I said, I'll probably mosey on in tonight and hope he's there.

I reckon they were just punters down from the north for the night. Once I got to 750 I wasn't budging, I'd say the waitresses got more off me in the last hour than the table :o

You were right to do that though. I think ye were all out for a smoke when our friend picked up his chips, you should have heard the disappointment at the table. Priceless. One thing though - they seemed like sound enough blokes. Tom was chatting to them quite a bit, didn't get a chance to myself, but at least they didn't seem like a*seholes - now that would have hurt.

Ah yeah they were grand, just in for a gamble and a bit of craic. Saw them at the roulette table afterwards, probably the best place with his luck! I was there when he left, I got up within a minute of him leaving! I've been at mad tables before when gamblers and Chinese clash but for sheer entertainment value last night took the biscut!

Yeah I chatted to them a lot. Partly cos they were nice blokes and partly cos they had 250 of my cash that I needed to get back! People dont mind losing to people they like. I think actually, the arrival of Player X on our table really pissed yer man off when he had a go at me (and to be fair I was pretty close to tearing into him in return!). He was whispering to me that he thought he was an arseh*le.

They were two lads down from Derry with money to burn. He dropped 1100 on the Omaha cash game the night before (I would give ANYTHING to even spectate that game!).
    He wandered off to play Roulette I think along with his mate.

The funny thing was when they sat down at the table I couldnt stop thinking about the scene in Rounders where the lads go to Vegas and hook up with the regular rounders and the tourists start sitting down to play two at a time!
    Unfortunately for some of us those tourists had an ungodly string of river cards at the start and we mostly won our own cash back!

DeV.

Advertisement