Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eL fixtures

• 18-11-2004 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Its the final round of games for another eL season. Its been a great season. The only pity is that the only issue to be sorted is who are Champeens.

CHF Vs Shams
    SPA Vs Shels
    Cork City Vs Bohs

Waterford Vs Derry
    Longford Vs Drogs

I have an inkling that City will actually win the league.

City have nothing to lose.

Shels have everything to lose, making them nervous.

SPA will be well up for it. Shels took the title from them off the pitch a few seasons ago. Now SPA want to take the title from Shels on the pitch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Only way we will beat Shels if we go a goal up 1st and not early, if we go behind i can honeslty see Shels coast it. Hope to **** we beat them , and if we do you better beat Bohs :)

Bringing kids so have to limit my abuse at Shels, also sitting in stand only 2nd time i ever been in it :/

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Forza Shels, Beleive.

Shels are in a better position than CVFC, we are 3 points clear, and are playing a team who have taken no poionts off us this season, and lost four times in total, once in the league cup.

Bohs have beaten CVFC twice already this season, once in Turners Cross.

Also, with the talk of all these Bohs players heading accross the North side to Tolka for next season, maybe they'll try harder to ensure they have Champions League football next season, by beating CVFC.

It'll be an interesting night, I wonder will RTE have camera's at both games ( edit : looks like RTE might be doing something right as regards the eL, apart from The Rod Runner being in the studio link below ), and do split screen during the night. Not that I care, I'll be down in Syringeicore, and kids or no, I'll be abusing SPA vehemently.

I wonder what conspiracy theories Big D can come up with IF CVFC fail to win the league. Probably something involving a water balloon.

here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

RTE announce details of TV coverage

November 18, 2004

RTE have confirmed details of their coverage of the title-deciding final night of eircom League action, with the state broadcaster sending cameras and commentators to both Richmond Park and Turners Cross as all the action unfolds in the final thrust of the 2004 season.

Anchor-man George Hamilton will present the programme, which begins at 7.00pm on Friday night, thus ensuring a half-hour of pre-match build-up and comment from pundits Roddy Collins and Alan Matthews, the managers of Shamrock Rovers and Longford Town respectively.

Darragh Maloney will be in the commentary box at Tolka Park as leaders Shelbourne take on St Patrick’s Athletic seeking the point they need to seal the title.

Meanwhile, Stephen Alkin will be keeping his eye on events at Turners Cross, where Cork City require a win against Bohemians to have any chance of sneaking into top spot.

Sean remember the last time it was split screen on RTE?
    I was behind the goal in Kilkenny , mate had mini TV we were watching us draw 1-1 and Dundalk beating you 2-1 , once Eddie scuttered in the winner it didnt matter :)

Bit of luck same will happen again :)

kdjac

gimmick wrote:

Darragh Maloney will be in the commentary box at Tolka Park as leaders Shelbourne take on St Patrick’s Athletic seeking the point they need to seal the title.

Nice one RTE :/

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

gimmick wrote:
    Ah good, RTE's best commentator by a long shot.

Lads, Gamebookers are giving superb odds for Rovers to beat Dublin tonight, 11/5. Considering Dublin are already relegated and Roddy would know their weaknesses etc I don't think you can refuse that.

gimmick wrote:

[elvis]It'll be lonely this friday....[/elvis]

edit :

Also, the Dublin City website has a funny look forward to tonights game.

http://www.dublincityfc.net/news.php?id=1255

edit :

Shels have signed Glen Crowe and Bobby Ryan you heard it here first

Where did you hear that Seansouth?

I heard City all but had the latter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

gimmick wrote:
    I heard City all but had the latter?

he was supposed to have been very close to signing before as well. i don't think he will join city.
    he is way overrated anyway. wouldn't get in city's team the way they are playing at the moment.

my predictions:

city 3 - bohs 1
    st pats 1 - shels 0 :D

Well, Billy Woods doesnt have too long left in him, and if he gets injured, there is no real good attacking cover for him, who will play right wing. Ryan would be a great signing for City.

CHF Vs Shams has been postponed due to flooding of Tolka Im told.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

st pats have failed to beat shels in their last 9 encounters so I cant really envisage Shels loosing tonight :D

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Realistically, what chance did Greece have of winning Euro 2004.

The fact that $h€£$ havent lost to Pats in 9 counts for absolutely nada. $h€£$ will be nervous. If they dont score early, and word filters through that City have taken the lead, they could sh*t themselves, and Pats could grab one.

It will happen I fu*kin hope!!!

Only way we will win is if we score 1st and not early enough to sit back on.

Pats got 2 Bohs players , Shels got 3 , Hunt resigned. Very odd we got 2 Caffrey and someone else.

Also Stephen O Brien is coming home :D

kdjac

As in Digger O Brien? Surely thats poppyc*ck?

SPA will have a decent team next season. Hopefully they will have a brilliant team tonight.

Man Im nervous now.

Saints til Full Time, I am Saint Pats til full time :D

Shels only need a draw, just dont loose the match. It's going to be very difficult for them too go out and loose the game. Having to go and win the match is another kettle of fish.

gimmick wrote:
    $h€£$
    Could you not come up with something to replace the "h" with.
    gimmick wrote:
    Saints til Full Time, I am Saint Pats til full time :D
    Given up on CVFC have you?

Shels Will be champions tonight.

I put 2 euro on the following accumulator:

Cork v Bohs - 1
    Pats v Shels - 1
    Waterford v Derry - 1
    Lonford v Drogs - X

Odds - 51/1. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i'm a bag of nerves at work.just reading the preview in the Echo and it made me worse. I know we'll beat bohs but it's the shels game i'm worried about, i don't think pats will cause an upset, but i'll gladly eat my words tomorrow.

either way, it's a cracking end to the season, and whether we win or don;twin the league tonight, celebrations will continue on leeside till the early hours of monday morning.

looking forward to tonight.

COME ON CITY!!

eirebhoy wrote:
    I put 2 euro on the following accumulator:

Cork v Bohs - 1
    Pats v Shels - 1
    Waterford v Derry - 1
    Lonford v Drogs - X

Odds - 51/1. :D

Oh thats nice, bet drogs **** it up for you.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Not long to go now, I'm just on me way down to Tolka to get the bus over to Richmond Pk in a few minutes.

I hope to god we do it tonight, all Shels need to do is keep a clean sheet, but we have one of our regular defenders suspended in Davey 'Scouse' Rogers. It means that either Kev Doherty will be brought in, or Stuey Byrne will be put in there. I'd play Kev, and keep Stuey in midfield.

I hope we start with Alan Moore behind Jayo, and with Glenn Fitz on the bench. He has done really well as a sub lately, and if we need a goal in the latter part of the game, he could be the one to do it.

Come on Johnny Mac, do us an oul favour!

I wonder will Crowe, Ryan and Hawkins play for Bohs against CVFC tonight. The three of them are on their way to Shels, so they would be well up for beating Cork, to make sure they have CL football next season.

FORZA SHELS

Here we go, two in a row, here we go, two in a row.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Come one the city!!

by the way whats with the CVFC!?

Thankfully RTE are covering these two games:).

The cork game has been sold out since wednesday !! 8,000 people there :D

I still think Shels can do it. Pat Fenlon is professionalism personified and they have had already plenty of pressure matches this season in Europe and have produced there good there.

Shels to win and Cork City to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

jank wrote:
    Come one the city!!

by the way whats with the CVFC!?

some petty shels fans calling us cork village fc
    ;)

in fairness they were the better team over the course of the season. 2nd place is a good result considering where we were after the post - euro slump. next year will be the rebel army's year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

congrats to shels, over the course of the year the were the better team, and the fact that City only took two points off them says it all.

Friday night was absolutely amazing at the Cross. The atmosphere was amazing, that mexican wave before kick off seemed to go on forever, and it looked feckin class too. Pity about the referee spoiling it though. it was never, EVER a penalty (if you wanna check head to corkcityfc.ie and go into the highlights section)

It wasn't to be our year, but hopefully, hopefully, we'll start next season as good as we finished this one, and hopefully achieve some level of consistency that was so sorely lacking this year.

so well done to the eircom league champions, see ye next year!

City are rumoured to be interested in Colm Foley.

Shels signed Richie Baker and Gary O'Neill aswell as the 3 Boh's heads. They released Ger McCarthy, Thomas Morgan and Juan Sara!

The Colm Foley thing has been doing the rounds for a while now, where did you hear it Eireboy? He would be a huge signing for City, but Im told he has signed a new deal with Pats, so he aint going anywhere.

Rumours down here are that Bohs are wanting Dan Murray from us, but i find it doubtful. If he leaves City, he will go home to England.

gimmick wrote:
    The Colm Foley thing has been doing the rounds for a while now, where did you hear it Eireboy?
    Read it on Foot.ie.

I also read in today's Star that Rose might be going on loan to Pats to get some experience.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Read it on Foot.ie.

I also read in today's Star that Rose might be going on loan to Pats to get some experience.

I assume you mean on loan from Pats?

saw the same on foot.ie.

Apparently City have made contact with Adam Rundle as well.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    I assume you mean on loan from Pats?

saw the same on foot.ie.

Apparently City have made contact with Adam Rundle as well.
    Shít that should be Rowe (of Shels), not Rose.

Advertisement