Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November Mid Month Madness (Fitz)

Options
  • 18-11-2004 12:03pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok - this Saturday (20th) there will be a Suited Aces event in the Fitzwilliam. The format of the event is slightly different this month.

€25+€3 entry, with a single €25 rebuy - NLH
    Saturday 20/11 4:30pm, Fitzwilliam Card Club

Hyzepher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Is that re-buy also available as a top-up?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Is the rebuy available when you've lost all your chips or when you've dropped below the starting amount?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

lost

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Can you re-buy at any time, or is it only up to a particular blind level?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

up to a particular blind level.

Basically the idea of this is to allow people to come with 25 euro and not feel like they have to spend 50 because of the "arms race" of the top up. ie: "I gotta buy one cos everyone else will!"

So, if you get bad beat etc you can get back in the game (once) but otherwise having a wad of cash isnt going to help you. This will build the pool and still accomodate the players who are on a budget.

This is the last SA game before the charity game too!

There will be a freeroll later on for those knocked out and hopefully
    some HOT CASH GAME ACTION.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

So if youre left with one small chip at the end of rebuys you cant rebuy? For the first Omaha tournament we left the option to get back to your starting amount only for that reason as it happened nobody needed to topup but id feel hard done by if I was left with practically nothing after not getting quite all of it in on the last hand

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm open to being persuaded about that, as I'd say are the other SA lads. Oscar has a point. Rather uncharacteristically. :p

Anyone else got a view?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Will the usual saturday freeroll still be on at 4:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I reckon Oscar is right there's nothing worse to folding to an all in just because you'd be left with 100 chips rather than nothing.

Happened to me once at the 20 game. I think I would have been left with 300 chips and not able to both rebuy and top up.

• Advertisement

There will be the usual Freeroll but it might start closer to 5 or so.
    I reckon we should allow top ups back to the starting chip count as Oscar suggests.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

3000 chips to start.
    If you lose all those chips you can rebuy for €25.
    Buy-in stop after a certain blind level, 3rd level usually.
    There are no top-ups *except* if you have less than 3000 chips you can pay €25 and bring your chips up to but not above 3000.

Heat 3 of the BSOP will be on after the SA.com tournament, provisional time of 7.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

WHO won eventually???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

A dashing young gentleman with a handlebar moustache & vintage flying coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

THe American with Paddy cap...or Green T-Shirt with stubble..!?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

A dashing young gentleman with a handlebar moustache & vintage flying coat.

The facial hair was fierce off putting on the final table :D

The tournament was one of the most enjoyable games Ive played since taking up this mad game. There was real good fun on table 2 and the final table loosened up too. The standard of poker was high as well. Well done to Luke and Tom (and others whose names I dont know) for organising the game. Luke got to play twice and did better with somebody elses money!!

Again, well done fellas. And the dashing young gentleman with a handlebar moustache & vintage flying coat.

yeah I thoroughly enjoyed the poker on Table 2. Enjoyed the tournie but not going out on the bubble to a stupid unnecessary move trying to get HJ's BB with QJ suited. He called on the blind (as he should have as I had very little in chips) and flipped an Ace and a 5 which stood up... :(

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

DeVore wrote:
    yeah I thoroughly enjoyed the poker on Table 2. Enjoyed the tournie but not going out on the bubble to a stupid unnecessary move trying to get HJ's BB with QJ suited. He called on the blind (as he should have as I had very little in chips) and flipped an Ace and a 5 which stood up... :(

DeV.

You had just less than twice the BB if I can remember correctly, and you were utg + 2. So you had 2 hands to find a better hand than QJs before you were practically all in on the blind anyway. The only reason I might not push in your spot is that Im very unlikely to fold (chip leader who doesnt mind gambling), whereas the shorter stacks to my left might.

Advertisement