Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most boring day of the Year

• 18-11-2004 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

By far it has to be x-mas day. All shops closed nothing to do.

Most boring day of the year 8 votes

Christmass day
    0% 0 votes
    Other(please list)
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Good Friday.

The Friday of a Bank Holiday and ye cant go out. Even during the day, a load of the shops shut.

Goddamn religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

im too drunk to be bored on xmas day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Runfree wrote:

x-mas day?....you mad!ok maybe for you but i think christmas day is deadly!firstly, you get to mess around with whatever you got and start drinking at noon!hang out with the mates in a general do what you want day and its allways a mad session with loads of parties for me!Great if ya ask me! :D

boring for me is New years day!.....New years Eve is good but New years day nowt is open and your too damn hungover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Today.

January 11th. :mad: New Year over. Big Deal. Were all used to wrting 2005 or whatever by now and nothing EVER happens in January. Oh and its two weeks after X-mas so you can realise how broke you are after X-mas so you can't go out anyway. And its on a Monday this year. Double bad. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Trigger! wrote:
    x-mas day?....you mad!ok maybe for you but i think christmas day is deadly!firstly, you get to mess around with whatever you got and start drinking at noon!hang out with the mates in a general do what you want day and its allways a mad session with loads of parties for me!Great if ya ask me! :D

boring for me is New years day!.....New years Eve is good but New years day nowt is open and your too damn hungover!
    See I don't celebrate x-mas. the best thing I could do it drink myself stupid but then I suffer a hangover the next day so that still doesn't do it.

Only thing that was good(when there were no penalty points) was racing down the roads with my mates on a bike but that soon stopped. Bloody cops

Oh ok!

I didnt take that into account!I suppose it would be a crappy day if you didnt celebrate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Trigger! wrote:
    Oh ok!

I didnt take that into account!I suppose it would be a crappy day if you didnt celebrate it!
    Oh believe me its very boring. tv sucks. Everything they show is related to x-mas and its all repeats from previous years.

Well i think its great!

to me its the mother of all sessions plus you get a massive feed! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

it has to be Christmas Day, stuck at home with parents and siblings in the middle of nowhere. I hate Christmas Day with the family. I'm 26 and I still am expected to go home as my sisters are just 15 and 11.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Remember when the three garanteed movies christmas day were my left foot, the sound of music and the santa movie.
    Yeah I find the best thing about christmas day is the fry in the morning and the dinner that night. I love food

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Hey, am I in the minority of actually enjoying spending Christmas day with the family? Lazing around idly, doing nothing? Eating chocolate and rich foods? Having a fryup in the morning, watching an old classic on TV? Fire crackling, soft glow of Christmas lights. Is it just me because, from the amount of whining about Christmas day on these forums, I'm beginning to wonder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

April 2nd, such an anticlimax...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good Friday All pubs are closed. Enough said

Patrick

ixoy wrote:
    Hey, am I in the minority of actually enjoying spending Christmas day with the family? Lazing around idly, doing nothing? Eating chocolate and rich foods? Having a fryup in the morning, watching an old classic on TV? Fire crackling, soft glow of Christmas lights. Is it just me because, from the amount of whining about Christmas day on these forums, I'm beginning to wonder!

No your not!I love Christmas day with all the family around!Though we usually have Fillet steak and all for brekki! :D and by lunch have a bit of bubbly!Christmas dinner=great! and then buzzing around to mates houses for parties!Nowt better if you ask me!Sure telly aint the best but sure watch a few dvds then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Runfree wrote:

presents...drinking...dinner...drinking...games+playing with the kids toys......drinking...turkey sandwiches...drinking

Nothing to do...sheesh, Xmas in your house must be a scream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Cookie

dudara wrote:
    it has to be Christmas Day, stuck at home with parents and siblings in the middle of nowhere. I hate Christmas Day with the family. I'm 26 and I still am expected to go home as my sisters are just 15 and 11.

With you on the first two sentences - except I don't go home :D

I get the impression some of you people would rather go to work on Chrsitmas day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I wouldn't deny my sisters a family christmas. Hence I go home to that freezing cold madhouse. But wait until they're old enough. My parents can come have christmas dinner in my nice warm centrally heated abode.

I just to spend christmas as I please, not be forced to fufill family obligations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

dudara wrote:
    I wouldn't deny my sisters a family christmas. Hence I go home to that freezing cold madhouse. But wait until they're old enough. My parents can come have christmas dinner in my nice warm centrally heated abode.

I just to spend christmas as I please, not be forced to fufill family obligations
    Ive learned to dread christmas for the sole reason of being trapped in a house with my family for a day.I dont mean your immediate family, most of us have learned to suffer them graciously I mean aunts uncles nephews granparents en masse.Its less than fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Good Friday or New Years day. But Good Friday is probably the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

embee wrote:
    Good Friday.

The Friday of a Bank Holiday and ye cant go out. Even during the day, a load of the shops shut.

Goddamn religion.
    you speak the truth!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Trigger! wrote:
    I get the impression some of you people would rather go to work on Chrsitmas day!

did it last year....

and will mostlikey work it this year....

tripple pay is triple pay... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

The day before good friday ranks up there near the top for me, half the fecking country turn into zombies and form an unorderly line out the doors of the nation's off licences. Mad. Good friday is ****e too, but at least there's a party on in almost every house in the country, all because the pubs are shut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

has to be x-mas day!!! im working so much over the x-mas i usually use this day to sleep and end up missing everything!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

How could sleep = bad day ?

Advertisement