Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford North Quays

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

As they say, being a mod is a thankless job :) why don’t you put yourself forward?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Not a hope would i do it :D

But plenty of decent posters on here who would be good at it

The problem is, those that have the time now may not in a couple of months/years. I’m a mod on here about 10 years, things have changed drastically in that time. I wouldn’t even know how we’d go about having a mod overhaul to be honest. But I’ve no problem stepping aside if someone else would like to take over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Right folks, the problem here is not with moderators, it's failing to stay on topic. There is also a rule in the charter (remember that!) that you should not discuss or dispute moderation on thread. The topic is about the long proposed development and not who is a leftie or rightie, muslims, mosques, kilkenny or any other distractions.

Bans will follow if this instruction is ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 38,379 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will construction be started by this time next year ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The quays will take about 15-18 months to be re-enforced but that's plenty of time to work on the access roads and maybe start the south end of the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

The quays will take about 15-18 months to be re-enforced but that's plenty of time to work on the access roads and maybe start the south end of the bridge.

Reinforced? I understood the old wharfs and pillars were being removed and completely replaced, no?

Yes your version of events is better put than mine. I was lazy on phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Reinforced? I understood the old wharfs and pillars were being removed and completely replaced, no?

Thought there was a below ground car park going in somewhere with the site......does anyone have any details....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

PTH2009 wrote: »

I had forgotten completely that this event was staged here!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,415 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I had forgotten completely that this event was staged here!

would loved to have seen it, was out of the country at the time, no reason why we couldnt have many activities held on the river now, we ll have all the facilities to do so now

I vaguely remember that - it was like the Rothmans Rally Saturday on crack.

What other events happened around the place when that was on if anyone can remember?

That would of been the time when the city centre had a good few pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What other events happened around the place when that was on if anyone can remember?

That would of been the time when the city centre had a good few pubs

New Years Eve in front of the Clock Tower on the Quay. Clock struck twelve, it was like Sodom & Gomorrah. Might be going back a bit before 2002 mind you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

The designs look amazing, we've needed to remove those car parks for years, hopefully its the start of a process and we can start using multi story car parks like every other city in the world rather than ruining one of the best thing about Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The best things in Waterford have already been ruined.

Things improved hugely when you left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

No planes for the airport, most of the glass gone, St Johns College converted into a housing shelter, Ardree gone, the town declared a sanctuary for asylum chancers, and the travellers' new mecca Carrickpherish Road.

• Advertisement

vriesmays wrote: »
    No planes for the airport, most of the glass gone, St Johns College converted into a housing shelter, Ardree gone, the town declared a sanctuary for asylum chancers, and the travellers' new mecca Carrickpherish Road.

Ok, my patience are gone with you now, I’ve no idea why you even post in the Waterford forum, it just seems that you are only posting to get a reaction, well dunno something you just have, you can take a holiday from here now, I’m banning you from here for a month for constantly being a troll and hopefully when the month is up, you might have forgotten about us.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bamayang

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ok, my patience are gone with you now, I’ve no idea why you even post in the Waterford forum, it just seems that you are only posting to get a reaction, well dunno something you just have, you can take a holiday from here now, I’m banning you from here for a month for constantly being a troll and hopefully when the month is up, you might have forgotten about us.

Hopefully he never posts here again!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dexpat

Wow that was a popular decision!

Great to see the project moving on. The council are really playing their part. They get enough stick here and elsehere. Credit where it is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Never seen a post liked so much! Great decision, long time coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

The designs look amazing, we've needed to remove those car parks for years, hopefully its the start of a process and we can start using multi story car parks like every other city in the world rather than ruining one of the best thing about Waterford.

I think Waterford would be starting the process of removing access to cars, which is what other cities are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

hardybuck wrote: »
    I think Waterford would be starting the process of removing access to cars, which is what other cities are doing.

I'm not really sure I understand the whole move for this to happen exactly especially in Ireland where plenty of bus stops are more than an hours walk away. Even Bus Eireann don't run a bus to Cork after 8 IIRC. I think Irish people love their houses and love their cars more than on the continent... cultural, weather and no other option being key reasons.

I'm not really sure I understand the whole move for this to happen exactly especially in Ireland where plenty of bus stops are more than an hours walk away. Even Bus Eireann don't run a bus to Cork after 8 IIRC. I think Irish people love their houses and love their cars more than on the continent... cultural, weather and no other option being key reasons.

Public transport has always been neglected, so now we all drive, you d need major investment to truly move us out of our cars, I'm not convinced yet that that 'll happen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Public transport has always been neglected, so now we all drive, you d need major investment to truly move us out of our cars, I'm not convinced yet that that 'll happen

There was a pretty major investment in the Bus Éireann Waterford city services about 18 months ago. You can Google the details, but all the buses were replaced, frequency increased, Leap card introduced, Sunday service brought in, etc. Despite having cars, we got Leap cards ourselves and started using the bus for trips into town just before the pandemic struck. Once it’s over, we’ll be doing so again.

• Advertisement

fricatus wrote: »
    There was a pretty major investment in the Bus Éireann Waterford city services about 18 months ago. You can Google the details, but all the buses were replaced, frequency increased, Leap card introduced, Sunday service brought in, etc. Despite having cars, we got Leap cards ourselves and started using the bus for trips into town just before the pandemic struck. Once it’s over, we’ll be doing so again.

i appreciate the upgrades, but we havent been truly promoting and investing in public transport in ireland, in decades, if at all, we re continually developing and building with very little forward thinking, regarding public transport, this forces us to default to the car. if you live some what rurally, you may forget about it, its either have a car or you dont survive. rural links have been decimated, particularly over the last few years, and its looking very unlikely many links will be returning, which again leaves the only solution, the private car

Advertisement