Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford North Quays

Options
1535455565759»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭914

• Registered Users Posts: 10,390 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you can disagree with somebody's position, but you don't get to label other users as trolls just because you don't like what they say. Do it again and it'll be a 1 week ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

The whole point of message boards is being able to express an opinion. Just because what I think might not quite fit the positive narrative espoused with regards to the NQ's does not make my comments any less valid. Quite a few posters here would do well to try some cognitive dissonance - i.e. being able too hold two conflicting opinions in your mind at once. Such is the nature of modern life and our social/device based way to interacting with each other that certain people will pile in by default and seek out an echo chamber of similar opinions. For the record I am a proud Waterford person, who has lived, worked & been educated to degree level in Waterford. I have no interest in trolling of stirring the post. My posts only reflect what I see. Life is too short to waste valuable minutes on these boards. Im outta here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

The problem is spouting factual falsehoods (that all work in the bridge has been stopped for months) is not an opinion. It’s just spouting falsehoods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

There is a distinct difference between a contract to design, build and manage a facility like the Waterford City Bypass and a contract bounded by time and funding to supply a development like the North Quays. In the former case the builder is essentially constructing something for his own use over the 25 or so years of the contract. In the latter case the builder contracted to build something for the council's use (to sell/lease to Harcourt) at an agreed price within an agreed time schedule. The North Quays, to the best of my knowledge is largely on time and within budget since it started a year or so ago.. Regular media updates have been provided on this.

To suggest that nothing is being done or that work is progressing too slowly fails to understand this difference. Council had x amount to spend and contract is scheduled for delivery on that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

progress would seems quite good, lots of road closures and giving out by ferrybank folk currently about abbey road……section closed for the summer which would seem to be a good time given that the schools just closed this week……there is a structure getting taller close to bottom on of the ‘Yorkshire’ road which is the new trains station from what o can gather plus a hive of activity opposite the abbey school and also at clock tower. Activity in the river though seems to be a bit slow / pedestrian even..🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Valhalla90

the bridge is going to arrive one day from Belgium and that’s it done. They can’t do anymore once the pillars are in place in the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Looking forward to that day already, hopefully the project team create a bit of fanfare around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Hopefully a section won't fall in the river this time 😉

• Advertisement
Advertisement