Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Japnuts feedback ?

Options
  • 18-11-2004 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Anyone used the japnuts import dealership that is based in Glenealy in Wicklow ?

Seems like a good deal all round. Any catches ?

Any feedback appreciated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Steevo

I used them to bring in a Mitsubishi Pajero for me.

They are an import agent and not a dealer, they find a suitable car in Japan and handle the shipping etc for you. They do not offer warranties on the cars, so you are taking a risk.

I spoke to them first and checked out their references with a few previous customers.

Gavan really knows his stuff when it comes to Japanese cars, we talked about jeeps and he pointed me in the direction of the Pajero as the best match for my needs.

It takes a while to find a car and 6 to 8 weeks to get it here and registered. Japnuts sorted out all the paperwork for me and I picked it up from them complete with Irish plates and a new alarm. It did need new tyres (they told me that when they inspected it),but otherwise was in really good condition

In the end I was very pleased, they found exactly the car I wanted, and were very helpful. I also got the car quite a bit cheaper than if I had bought from a dealer in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Prices are high for old cars - much more reasonable for younger ones - got quoted about €9500 for a 1992 CRX Del Sol last year, while a 00 S2000 was quote reasonable (can't remember the price)

If you're prepared to do some reading up, you can cut out the middle man and import directly from an auction site like isibike.com ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

In my experience Japnuts can be slow to source cars and require deposits upfront before they even start to look for a car...

Call GT Central on 086 4008181 - they also import to order but there is no upfront deposit required until the car is purchased and they are very reasonable with their pricing.. Any car I have seen them bring in has always been in stunning condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

is there a website for GT central?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

edmund_f wrote:
    is there a website for GT central?

AFAIK its being built at the moment...

• Advertisement

let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

wouldnt have anything to do with GT Central by any chance, would you $lash?

good point.. no advertising on boards and all that.. $lash just pm me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

If you're prepared to do some reading up, you can cut out the middle man and import directly from an auction site like isibike.com ...
    I often wondered if this was feasible. Has anyone gone this route? What were your experiences? How much of a saving and how likely is it that things could go pear shaped in the process?

Advertisement