Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many working days in Ireland

• 18-11-2004 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

How many days do we work?

Not including your leave from work

i.e. 365 days - whatever official holidays

I suppose im asking how many bank holdidays do we have

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Hey you have 666 posts. Scary.

To answer your question, I don't know, why don't you check a calender?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

egan007 wrote:
    How many working days in Ireland

My Mondays broke last week & I have to bring next Saturday week in for a service, as its afternoon is intermittent. Tuesday just got a job in McDonald's but I'm not sure if that's what you meant. Also, I think I wrote-off last Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

there are 9 public holidays in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

Bank Holidays are as follows:

First Monday in January, May, June, August.
    Last Monday of October.
    17th March (St Patricks Day).
    Good Friday and Easter Monday in March. They are on different dates each year. However, as far as I know, companies are not obliged to give you these days off, but most do. Also you can't eat meat on Good Friday.
    25th / 26th December.

Some of the dates vary if the bank holidays with set dates fall on weekends, but you get the idea. This works out at 10 Bank Holiday days a year, including the Easter holidays.

Good Friday is not a public holiday. See here for info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

Fair enough. Many companies do give people that day off however so, it may be relevant anyway, but I stand corrected. 9 public holidays!

It's often taken to be a public holiday, as like you say, most companies do close that day, but it's not an official holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

dudara wrote:
    there are 9 public holidays in Ireland

Thanks...

Advertisement