Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica and Napster

Options
  • 02-05-2000 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

I have to say this whole thing is really pishing me off. Are Metallica such a bunch of arrogant b@stards that they're going to attack the very people that listen to their music?

And now Dr Dre's in on it too.

Oh and check this out http://www.paylars.com

FFS!

<snip>

PayLars.com gives Metallica fans the chance to make a donation to the band to make up for all the revenue the band thinks it's losing to online MP3 trading.

</snip>

Is Chuck D the only one that understands? Maybe

What do ye guys think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Karla:
    Are Metallica such a bunch of arrogant b@stards that they're going to attack the very people that listen to their music?

I'd say they'd prefer people to actually pay to listen to their music. Seems strange I know, but there ya go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

I'd have to agree with CT, I dunno what it is about bands but they seem to like to earn money for their music......................Strange I know, you'd think they'd be happy to give it away for free smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

A good few artists/bands do give their music away for free, only charging people for the cost of printing/duplicating the mastered cd/tape.

Unfortunatly, people will seemingly go for the human nature assumption that anything 'cheap', must be cr@p.

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

Metallica are in thier autum years i'm afraid. i'm just as sad as everyone to see it, but the least they could do it witha bit of dignity, ok i accept that mp3's are un lawful if you don't have the orignal cd, however having a screaming fit and jumping up and down is one thing, trying to get fans to pay for some/all of the expensise is a bit mad if you ask me !!!

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

Totally ripped from Stomped biggrin.gif
    Apparently relating to their lawsuit against Napster, Metallica has compiled a list of the Napster users IDs that are trading their MP3s on the service. The list is 335,435 people long! Hehe, here's a funny quote:

"The instant that Napster would do this, I wouldn't put it past people with those files to change the file names," he said. "So they decide instead of calling them Metallica, they'll just turn the name backward, and wink wink, all the Metallica fans are going to know."

What do you all think of Metallica doing this?

Seems to me that the Mets are going in fighting style...typical.

(P.S I really H8 Lars Ulrich, I mean DESPISE)

Lucutus of Borg

[This message has been edited by Lucutus (edited 03-05-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I think they're incredibly naive. It's them against a growing world of people with cheap internet access and low moral standards.

amp - who has listened to his (low moral version) copy of S&M so much and who is going to buy it this weekend cos it's so fuppin brilliant (and not cos he's scared of litigation)

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

This has to be a bit of a contradiction as you get or watch alot of metallicas vids form an offical site that i can't remember the url for coz i thing Metallica suck now.

and if some cheeky ****er says my name is ripped form Garage inc
    the misfits did the orginal which in my opinion is better so nanananaaaa

[This message has been edited by GREENHELL (edited 05-05-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I bought S&M on the strength of those MP3's smile.gif

Everyone banned from napster now? *smile*

Got yer new usernames and passwords yet? *wink*

biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

Advertisement