Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attendance?

• 18-11-2004 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the sceal over attendance is?
    We're told its like, you've to have like, 75% overall cept mines pretty poor, as bad as 43% in one or two, but the thing is my results in CAs are like, real good, in some cases the best, so like, is anything going to happen over the whole me-not-attending thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

[edit] there is like far too many 'likes' in the above ;) [/edit]

haha, they are getting pretty moany about it alright, but look at it this way, the letters that sent out at least to the people I've spoken to, were to the majority of people. I think only around 20/30% didn't get them :D

I wish they were as quick to send out results, student cards, grants, timetables, etc, you know the important stuff, as they were with this crap.

What year/course are you in anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'm in first year, thats all YOU need to know :)
    Yeah i know, it took a month to get my ID card organised 'cause of problems with the camera or something and even then it came out looking worse than CIE produce,as if the office had they're 6 year olds design them or something...
    My timetable is so retarded aswell, lots of hours playing pool in the student union "building"/SHACK or wandering through the square(risky ;) ).
    I've only got one email so far so I think its all gravy..
    Oh yeah, and exams right after we come back from the Christmas holidays??It's such a barrel of laughs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

rb_ie wrote:
    I'm in first year, thats all YOU need to know :)
    Not giving too much away, lol stalkers are rampant these days ya know!
    rb_ie wrote:
    lots of hours playing pool in the student union "building"/SHACK or wandering through the square(risky ;) ).
    lol taking your life in your own hands stepping inside that dump, lol never mind redbox -this is the new halting site reuinion!

Chick wrote:
    Not giving too much away, lol stalkers are rampant these days ya know!
    Yeah, like i'm going to start spurting out details about myself on an internet site, yeah right!uh yeah, would you like my name too?Don't think so :)
    Chick wrote:
    lol taking your life in your own hands stepping inside that dump, lol never mind redbox -this is the new halting site reuinion!

Which dump? The student union shack definately is below par, I mean the thing is basically falling apart(pull that t-shirt thats strapped to the ceiling above the second pool table and thats the roof gone).I'd say that porto-cabin will be there long after I'm gone...
    If you're referring to the college as a whole as a dump, I wouldn't go as far as to say that its a dump,there's nothing wrong with the actual building itself as such...read between the lines :)
    If ya were talking about the Square being a dump, you're damn right. I hate the place, and yeah, thanks to the lovely halting site down the road from it,there just about is a pikey reunion in the place every day, its a disgrace.
    Its not like I have a problem with travellers, as long as we don't cross paths I'm 100% happy with them doing their thing, but when there's 10 of their kids trying to rip my bag off me, thats when I have a problem, little ****s.
    Not only is the Square a total dive, it actually smells too, to make matters worse, but theres not much point in going on about it because everyone, from wherever they happen to be from in Dublin, know for a fact that the Square is a dump. But then again, shopping centres tend to attract scum like some sort of magnet to little metal ball bearings...Wait and see what happens the new Dundrum Shopping Centre...
    And the RedMall, i mean, hello?Location here, i mean, what BT2 shopper will go out to Blanchardstown when Grafton Street is about, 50 times safer?
    Sorry about the length of the post by the way, ya had me a little confused :)

Hey no probs about the length of your post... interesting reading lol. I was talking about the square, not Tallaght IT (I'm in TCD anyway so I dunno anyone whos in IT Tallaght or what its even like inside!) but oh my god youre so right about little ****s trying to like snatch all of your stuff! Is nothing sacred anymore people!? And as for the smell -I thought I was the only one that noticed that, but it's not just me yay! Lingers in the air... way gross

I haven't really got like any issues with travellers either, just like as you said once they stay out of my way then its like all gravy baby. I'm cool with it as long as they dont try to like rob me or mow me down with their high ace vans full of stolen "gear"!

About BT2 -me and my friends were just talkin bout that the other day, and theres like no way that I'd bother venturing into the blanchardstown one, when grafton st. is just down the street from Trinity -like hello so much handier AND you get to keep all of your personal belongings, added bonus ;) Theres supposed to be an FCUK opening there too, but sure theres one just around the corner from Brown Thomas on Clarendon St anyway! I'd never be over Blanchardstown area anyway so doesnt really affect me either way I suppose, just thought I'd get that all of my chest!

• Advertisement

Chick wrote:
    Hey no probs about the length of your post... interesting reading lol. I was talking about the square, not Tallaght IT (I'm in TCD anyway so I dunno anyone whos in IT Tallaght or what its even like inside!) but oh my god youre so right about little ****s trying to like snatch all of your stuff! Is nothing sacred anymore people!? And as for the smell -I thought I was the only one that noticed that, but it's not just me yay! Lingers in the air... way gross
    A friend of mine refers to it as the smell of poverty which is amusing to say the least :) Oh and girls really have to watch themselves up there, I was in there with a friend one day and I swear, it was like the Camp had decided to come and annoy as many people as they could, they were toppling bins, attacking security guards, trying to rob people and they were jocking girls as they tried to get onto the bus(90% of arses in Tallaght are NOT worth seeing :) ) so no, not even your own ass is sacred anymore..
    Chick wrote:
    I haven't really got like any issues with travellers either, just like as you said once they stay out of my way then its like all gravy baby. I'm cool with it as long as they dont try to like rob me or mow me down with their high ace vans full of stolen "gear"!
    -- refer to above
    Chick wrote:
    About BT2 -me and my friends were just talkin bout that the other day, and theres like no way that I'd bother venturing into the blanchardstown one, when grafton st. is just down the street from Trinity -like hello so much handier AND you get to keep all of your personal belongings, added bonus ;) Theres supposed to be an FCUK opening there too, but sure theres one just around the corner from Brown Thomas on Clarendon St anyway! I'd never be over Blanchardstown area anyway so doesnt really affect me either way I suppose, just thought I'd get that all of my chest!
    I just feel sorry for the staff, it Is Blanchardstown after all, and we've seen what happens people who say no to scum there havent we?( http://www.emigrant.ie/article.asp?iCategoryID=177&iArticleID=20637 scroll down a bit). I'm sure it will have customers, but if you weigh up trouble over ordinary transactions you might be at a loss...

rb_ie wrote:
    A friend of mine refers to it as the smell of poverty which is amusing to say the least :)
    Lol I know like whats the sceal with that! ive never heard that one before... it fits though :p
    rb_ie wrote:
    (90% of arses in Tallaght are NOT worth seeing :) ) so no, not even your own ass is sacred anymore..
    Dont worry I can safely say I'd be in the other 10% if it so happened that I'd be paying a visit to the Chearnóg ;) It's kinda scary though when all the knackers start knocking over bins and shouting n ****... its like so intimidating!! :mad: You'd nearly need someone to protect you!

Chick wrote:
    Lol I know like whats the sceal with that! ive never heard that one before... it fits though :p
    who doesn't?!The place has a Social Services centre more or less in it, how convenient :)
    Chick wrote:
    Dont worry I can safely say I'd be in the other 10% if it so happened that I'd be paying a visit to the Chearnóg ;) It's kinda scary though when all the knackers start knocking over bins and shouting n ****... its like so intimidating!! :mad:
    Oh would ya now!? I don't find it intimidating really,unless you happen to spot the Hi-Ace parked across the way, just waiting for you to put their kids in order so they can hop out with, i dunno, what weapons do tinkers use.....POTS! and "give ye a hidin" as they call it.
    It's disgusting though, youd think they had just came home from playing rugby judging by the amount of dirt on their faces...
    Chick wrote:
    You'd nearly need someone to protect you!
    Get yourself one of these :
    http://www.mailorderhusbands.net/order/
    heh..

rb_ie wrote:
    It's disgusting though, youd think they had just came home from playing rugby judging by the amount of dirt on their faces...
    No sure knacks don't play rugby!! But I know what you mean about the kids being like totally filthy... you'd catch mange up in that kip if you're not careful!!
    rb_ie wrote:
    Get yourself one of these :
    http://www.mailorderhusbands.net/order/
    heh..
    EUGH!! Sweet lord that's enough to turn a girl into a dyke!... shudder... ugly just so ugly!!

Chick wrote:
    No sure knacks don't play rugby!! But I know what you mean about the kids being like totally filthy... you'd catch mange up in that kip if you're not careful!!
    God knows what'd happen if ya used the public toilets :eek:
    Chick wrote:
    EUGH!! Sweet lord that's enough to turn a girl into a dyke!... shudder... ugly just so ugly!!
    Bet ya they'd be devoted though, take a bullet for ya :D

• Advertisement

Devoted... maybe but still mingers!!

I'd take Gordon D'Arcy or Ronan O'Gara anyday :)
    Anyways I'm totally fckued from last night, so I'm off to my bed before i drift off to the land of nod roysh here, roysh now (Ross O'Carroll-Kelly book, remember!;))

Hey i'd say they're real nice guys!even though they look like TOTAL losers :D

Later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ah your probally in computing so :)

6.jpg

haha, you would honestly turn on this fine speciment? :eek: i mean those classes are fantastic.

or this happy chap

32.jpg

almost enough to turn ya to the other side hahahaha

Lmao it wouldnt surprise me if the second guy killed his last family
    and
    I never said anything about ME going near those...freaks...im a red-blooded male thanks!

I was ME that was apparently supposed to consider them lol not rb ;)

they all look like axe murders anyway... cant you just see that homicidal glint!?

Chick wrote:
    I was ME that was apparently supposed to consider them lol not rb ;)

they all look like axe murders anyway... cant you just see that homicidal glint!?

Kinda adds a "dangerous rebel" side to them doesn't it...and you girls like that,like Colin Farrel ;)

Yeah the second guy definately looks like a fruit n' nut anyway, and the first guy is just WRONG...that hair is hilarious.

Mmmm Colin farrell is good looking alroysh... BUT you could slice bread with that accent!! Imagine bringing him anywhere -total shamer!!

Yeah, what a representative of Ireland! ugh..
    Imagine bringing him home to meet your parents!

They'd be like so horrified lol... especially when he asks them if they wanna join him for a joint;)
    Have to admit he is gorgeous though, big brown eyes n dark hair:D

Chick wrote:
    They'd be like so horrified lol... especially when he asks them if they wanna join him for a joint;)
    He could bring ya all for "dinner" at abrakebabra, he got awarded some sort of like, life time free meals card from them...enough said!
    Alot of girls say that about him, don't get it though, if I saw a good looking girl who had an accent like that(thats SO gonna happen ;) ) it'd be such a turn off.

• Advertisement

Free meals card at Ab kebab? What's the point in that... they might as well have just given him a room in the Mater private for all that e-coli hes gonna be ingesting! ewww kebabs repulse me...

Ok so if you saw a stunner of a girl, you wouldnt know shed a NS accent until she spoke, so I'm accepting Colin at face value and face value only lol!;)

Lol face value...quality..

Kebabs are so disgusting, don't see how so many knacks eat them after the clubs, co-incidentally, they've two kebab shops around the corner from redbox...I wonder why... ;)

Well obviously a stunner of a girl would definately get my attention but I'd have basically no interest in her if she opened her mouth and came out with "dis,dat,deese,dose" etc, its so, kebab like :)

I wouldn't eat a kebab if you payed me, I don't even eat meat anyway, but kebabs just seem so much worse than other meat! How could anyone possibly keep one of those down after drinking about twenty vodka+red bulls in RedBox!?

I totally agree with you about having no interest in someone after I hear a skanger accent, it'd just be like thanks, but no thanks. Such a shame!;)

ugh totally, ever looked in the window of one of those places?the meat is basically there for any flys or anything to land on, on some sort of like, vertical spit...God...

€10 for a double vodka and redbull in Bondi, which is cool.
    I dunno what it is about that drink, but usually on a night out I'll have a few and i totally hate redbull on its own but mixed with vodka, prefer the Fat Frogs for €10 though and then bottles of Heino for €3? Gotta love Bondi :D

I've actually never met a really good looking girl with an accent, hope to never either, but I dunno, it just doesn't seem to happen.

Yeah have actually looked in the window yeah, and theres just a big greasy lump revolving on the spit... eugh!! lets forget about it -so so gross!!

I can't drink RedBull on its own either lol, thats so weird! Its just sooo much better with vodka, then again anything is:)
    But i'd have to say I'd drink fat frogs over vodka+RB anyday. I fcuking love alco pops, fat frogs are such a legend idea! who wouldva thought mixing those three together could be so damn nice, hits you like a ton of bricks but still ;)

Youve probably never met a gorgeous girl with an accent cos theres like so few of them around. skangers in general are an ugly race:(

The thing what I don't get is that some girls go for guys who are a bit, "sweh" , not total knackers now, just have a bit of an accent, a friend of mines boyfriend for example..explain that! and shes nowhere near being a knacker herself!

Fat frogs are quality yeah, its strange how people come up with the drinks. In Barcode clontarf, (nice place, risky getting there, mixed crowd) they've a drink called "Diggie Specials", its a double vodka, smirnoff ice and blackcurrent mixed together in a pint for €6. If you're ever having a night in. make some of them up, they're savage :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Holy crap you both sound like uppity bastards.

Irish people have accents, and ROYSH isn't a word.

And you drink stupid drinks like "double vodka and red bulls" and "Smirnoff Ice"

Tastes like a coolpop, what are ye, kids?

:D

Giblet wrote:
    Holy crap you both sound like uppity bastards.

Irish people have accents, and ROYSH isn't a word.
    It is, its just "Right" spelled phonetically :D
    Of course Irish people have accents, it just the "alree bud wats de craic im gonna do a drive by" accent isn't exactly one that we should be proud of, or praise for that matter..
    Giblet wrote:
    And you drink stupid drinks like "double vodka and red bulls" and "Smirnoff Ice"

Tastes like a coolpop, what are ye, kids?
    :D
    Hey, I drink heineken too, depends on the situation : clubs - fat frogs or double vodka and red bulls , Pubs - Heineken. Unless you count Heineken as a stupid drink for some reason...I'm taking it you're a Guiness drinker?

rb_ie wrote:
    It is, its just "Right" spelled phonetically :D
    Of course Irish people have accents, it just the "alree bud wats de craic im gonna do a drive by" accent isn't exactly one that we should be proud of, or praise for that matter..

Hey, I drink heineken too, depends on the situation : clubs - fat frogs or double vodka and red bulls , Pubs - Heineken. Unless you count Heineken as a stupid drink for some reason...I'm taking it you're a Guiness drinker?

No I'm an alcohol drinker.

• Advertisement

ha ha? :rolleyes:

rb_ie wrote:
    ha ha? :rolleyes:

Don't roill your eyes at me sonny! :\/

I could be your old man for all you know.

I don't see whats wrong with drinking alco pops... are college students supposed to drink like guinness or something? whats the fun in acting like an OAP when youve only just turned 19!

Rb ive never been to barcode but my friend keeps tring to drag me along... she loves it to. Giblet I never said roysh was a word, its just its pronounced:)

I wouldn't go so far as to say I love it now!Haven't been out there in ages either, don't really go out in town much, stick to Bondi and if I'm drinking in town,it'll be Cafe En Seine so not really much of a point in going for a few pre C.E.S drinks in barcode like.
    Yeah totally enjoy youth.

Ok well it's more normal I suppose for like girls to drink alco pops instead of guys, not that there's anything wrong with it, but it'd be a bit weird if thats all they drank like!

Youth is so not wasted on the young;)

• Advertisement

Guys drink fat frogs but like, they wont drink Smirnoff Ice by itself or whatever, well, any guy I know,including myself...I'm not too sure why it is either...I guess Its not socially acceptable for a guy to drink smirnoff ice, but it is for them to drink fat frogs, which suits me fine :D

Yeah my friends (guys) are the same, they wouldn't dream of drinking it on its own either lol. You'd just look like a total pans, best to stick to fat frogs I reckon. Although I knew this guy and he used to drink blue wkd at the start of the night, and then move on to heino, and he was so not a pansy. He was on the S like!

GOD DAMN IT, Heino, like, roysh!

Right is pronounced Rite....

Unless you hail from England!

And Cafe En Seine, do you like flushing money down the toilet!

Giblet wrote:
    GOD DAMN IT, Heino, like, roysh!

Right is pronounced Rite....

Unless you hail from England!

At least you didnt say right is pronounced "ree" :)

Giblet wrote:
    And Cafe En Seine, do you like flushing money down the toilet!
    Quality pints and a total non-knacker crowd?totally worth it..
    Unlike Fables, where the locals try to start fights with you and believe me, it happened the one time I stepped foot in the place. :eek:

rb_ie wrote:
    At least you didnt say right is pronounced "ree" :)

Quality pints and a total non-knacker crowd?totally worth it..
    Unlike Fables, where the locals try to start fights with you and believe me, it happened the one time I stepped foot in the place. :eek:

No the crowd is a bunch of west-brit rugger buggers, no thanks. If eating my own semen puts me in "High Society" I'd rather live in my own crap.

Seriously if somebody started a fight with you in fables, then you must have something wrong with you, like I dunno, picking fights.

Have you always lead such a sheltered existance, afraid that hoards of knackers are going to eat your children.

Maybe you should both grow up and realise that society isn't perfect, and your both snobby shíts.

• Advertisement

Giblet wrote:
    If eating my own semen puts me in "High Society" I'd rather live in my own crap.
    That's disgusting.
    Giblet wrote:
    Seriously if somebody started a fight with you in fables, then you must have something wrong with you, like I dunno, picking fights.
    We were sitting in molloys after fables had closed, and one of the guys happened to be sitting near(about 1 metre) from this old woman,minding our own business, and her husband was sitting across the table and all of a sudden he starts telling one of the guys to like, not sit beside his wife and other ****...tried to calm him down but it wasn't happening.
    Giblet wrote:
    Have you always lead such a sheltered existance, afraid that hoards of knackers are going to eat your children..
    They eat children now :eek: ?! Oh god...
    Giblet wrote:
    Maybe you should both grow up and realise that society isn't perfect, and your both snobby shíts.
    Of course its not perfect, probably never will be but so what?We're talking about,no, discussing, societys problems. "Snobby ****s", thats a bit judgemental isn't it?

Eh Giblet like get down off your high horse, who gives you the right to say that I or RB have a sheltered existences? If anything I'd call the lives that skanger lead "sheltered". If going to Cafe en Seine or wherever means having a good night, then personally I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not flushing money down the toilet, its called having a life and enjoying it. Oh and one last point hun, next time I want your opinion on my life -I'll ask for it;)
    rb_ie wrote:
    Of course its not perfect, probably never will be but so what?We're talking about,no, discussing, societys problems. "Snobby ****s", thats a bit judgemental isn't it?
    He's just narrowminded, who gives a flying fcuk if he thinks that of us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Please Gib, RB and CH are the best entertainment on the Boards!

I am a bit older too, but I do enjoy youth when I can get hold of a piece of it ;)

Deffo, me and me mates from Tallaght are gunna make Bondi our local. Rad!!

Best entertainment on the boards?!

Well I do try... ;)

Please Gib, RB and CH are the best entertainment on the Boards!
    Thanks,Much appreciated :)
    I am a bit older too, but I do enjoy youth when I can get hold of a piece of it ;)
    You're as young as you feel like, enjoy life.Unless that was some sort of paedophilic reference..which I'm hoping its not :eek:
    Deffo, me and me mates from Tallaght are gunna make Bondi our local. Rad!!
    Banned from the "Playhouse" are we?

Student nurse? Unless you're a student Nurse Diesel you probably don't have to try. Roysh ;)

Toyhouse to me!!!!!!!

Yes I am a student nurse in tcd, why....? I am so damn sick of all this stereotypical crap! Banned from the toyhouse, but what about "De Mill"? Or grumpy mc clafferteys, thats beside the plaza isnt it?

and wtf is nurse diesel?

Chick wrote:
    Eh Giblet like get down off your high horse, who gives you the right to say that I or RB have a sheltered existences? If anything I'd call the lives that skanger lead "sheltered". If going to Cafe en Seine or wherever means having a good night, then personally I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not flushing money down the toilet, its called having a life and enjoying it. Oh and one last point hun, next time I want your opinion on my life -I'll ask for it;)
    I've a great life :D
    Chick wrote:
    He's just narrowminded, who gives a flying fcuk if he thinks that of us?
    So true, if neither you or me care, then who would? Let them say what they want about us, neither of us care so they're only wasting their own time.

"and wtf is nurse diesel?"

I was afraid you'd ask that. Mel Brooks made a Hitchcock parody called High Anxiety. Cloris Leechman played a mental psychiatric nurse. Hilarious.

• Advertisement
Advertisement