Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homelands, anyone go?

Options
  • 02-05-2000 8:12pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Decided not to go but I notice the CD is out already (or was that the first one). £15:99 in HMV and £17:99 in Tower.

WTF? How can they justify that sort of price.

Anyway, anyone go? was it better/worse/same as last year?

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

they can't justify the price for such a brutal offering but sterling rates have probably something to so with the massive rise in cd prices.

Didn't go to homelands cos it looked crap but i did go to see lou barlow in the tbmc on saturday night.

best gig i've been to in months. He played a 50 minute encore which is a hell of a lot better than the cranberies i imagine.

harVey

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Tower seem to be big feicin' rip-off merchants. £17 - £18 for a CD is beyond a joke. £16 is still not nice, but it's better than £18.

It's no wonder MP3's are so popular...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

I didn't go Goddamit.......I listened to a bit of it on the radio but it was only pi**ing me off listening to what I was missing out.

All reports I've got back from lads who were there this year and last year, is that this year was a whole lot better. Although some of the lads are still missing, but I don't think that reflects a disappointing time:/

Still it would have been a costly day, with ticket, travelling and a little bag of sweeties smile.gif.

Next year....hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Krusty

Ah yes...Homelands '00. I can safely say that it was the biggest JAH ever. Absolutely savage tunz all day....so many legendary sets by so many DJ's .....at 1 o' clock in the afternoon(!!!!) the Lush tent was packed, and everyone going ape-sh!t to Colin Hamilton...klass. Paul Oakenfold (the king) was like an out-of-body experience...lunatics climbing 60-70 ft up the supports for the tent with Mitzu flags, with tops off etc. One particular chap climbed up more than 50 feet and hung upsidedown from his legs...rush of his life I'll bet. All the while Mr. Oakenfold played savage tune after savage tune. Best one I reckon was the mix of 'Where the streets have no name' by U2....the whole place went gagga. Other uber-ninja sets were by Mr C. , The Problem Kidz, Tom Cole, Darren Emerson, Johnny Moy and last but by no means least...Paul Hartnoll (god bless him). Hartnoll has the particular gift of turning you inside-out with joygasams caused by high doses of quality tunz. Dr Who went down a treat as usual, as did a mix of David Gray's 'Please forgive me'.(Gray is Hartnoll's brother in-law or sumfin isn't he?). And what can I say about Leftfield? Waited so long to hear these lads so I couldn't be disappointed. They were the job alright...opened with Storm3000 and went on to Afrika Shox among others. Was so pooped though...12 hours of dancin like a mad eejit does sap the auld batteries. But hats off to the lads...they sure know how to use the volume knob. At the very start of the set...they were just fluteing around with some sounds but they kept hovering around the frequency that makes your organs vibrate and dance aswell....Mad feelin. Kudos on the visuals aswell....best of the day I reckon.
    All 'n all a good day was had by all. Roll on Creamfields smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Krusty (edited 12-05-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Harvee I was going to go see Lou Barlow but the tbmc as a venue is poo. I saw Mark Eitzel there a few months ago being supported by dylan impersonator and dimunitive bore Paddy Casey. The bouncers chucked everyone out at 10:30 after maybe 10 or 11 songs. So never again. Whelans is far better (and cheaper to boot).

• Advertisement
Advertisement