Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how in the name of

Options
  • 18-11-2004 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭

how in the name of jebus, do ya do those images where when ya reag the mouse over it, and the image is 'highlighted' it reveals a completly differant image?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Are you talking about on a web page?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

like in venoms sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Link to us this VENOM you speak of

Link to us this VENOM you speak of
    my apologies, its ven0m: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=20750

Thats not a pop up image. Its just the negative of his sig.
    In IE when you select something it appears in its negative.

Its the same image.

[edit]alright, its not the negative[/edit]

• Advertisement

i never said it was a pop up image. i just want to know how to do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

every second pixel in a checkerboard pattern is part of one picture and the two images are interlaced this way.

When you highlight the image the browser blacks out every second pixel leaving you with just the one image to see.

Its very easy to do, but the real skill lies in coming up with two images and one being more obvious than the other when the two are in full display. If you look at the picture in his sig closely you can see the "hidden" picture.

How cunning.

ah touché. any guides / faqs of how i do this in paintshoppro / photoshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

don't work in firefox though ...

• Advertisement

heres a very simple example i just made:

boardshighlight.gif

i just got my two images, then made rectangular masks for each of them filled with alternating black and white pixels. It should be there as a fill pattern in photoshop, i did it with fireworks. Set the rectangles to screen and then apply them as a mask to the pictures. Make sure that one mask is one pixel left or right of the other.

sionnach wrote:
    every second pixel in a checkerboard pattern is part of one picture and the two images are interlaced this way.

When you highlight the image the browser blacks out every second pixel leaving you with just the one image to see.

Its very easy to do, but the real skill lies in coming up with two images and one being more obvious than the other when the two are in full display. If you look at the picture in his sig closely you can see the "hidden" picture.

now that i think about it, they don't need to be two completely seperate pictures. The hidden picture can be a part of and contribute to the initial image, it just needs to be an image in itself when highlighted

cheers for that.

oh and make sure you save it as a gif, it won't work with jpeg compression.

edit: and here's another better example i just made:

highlight.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

LizardKing wrote:
    don't work in firefox though ...

I should really read the posts before cursing my stupidity as I try everywhichway to make the image pop, change or even look pretty... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I think this is a better example :D

ctrla.jpg

http://homepage.eircom.net/~dslannb/ctrla.jpg
    Afaik it will only work in IE, if you use firefox try this http://homepage.eircom.net/~dslannb/ctrla.GIF

Instead of highlighting it you can press CTRL+A to highlight the whole page, quicker and easier imo. :mad:

wow, thats pretty damn good!

Advertisement