Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where 2 buy new tyres

Options
  • 18-11-2004 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I need to get 4 new types for a 99 Audi A3. Think they are 195/65 or something like that. Where should I do. Kwik Fit / Advance Pitstop ?

Do all Kwik Fits and Advance charge same price :

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

4 new types
    Aye, that'll be right...

Best thing is confirm the size and ring three or four places in the phone book. Advance/Kwik fit not my personal choice but lots of folk like them. I'm assuming you are in Dublin and recommend the tyre place opposite Ollie Bond St. flats - I think its called Liffey Tyres and its just off Thomas St. Buying four tyres will always bring a bulk discount and make sure balancing is included in the price.

An alternative is Performancealloys.com in the North who deliver very good value tyres to your house, but I haven't figured out how to get them fitted...

What brand of types are on it at the moment and do you want to stick with these or get summat else?

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

I need to get 4 new types for a 99 Audi A3. Think they are 195/65 or something like that. Where should I do. Kwik Fit / Advance Pitstop ?

Do all Kwik Fits and Advance charge same price :

TIA

http://www.eiretyre.com/start.html

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ring three or four places in the phone book

Indeed, earlier this year I rang about 12 places and the difference between the highest and the lowest quote I got was nearly €100 PER TYRE :eek:

Haggle and ask for their very best price, esp if you're getting 4. You might do some research on the interweb to compare performance, comfort, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Fast, reliable and cheapest I could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blazesoftware

Thanks guys. Yes am in Dublin South area. Need to have them fitted so some of the mail order are out. Just want average tyes as I wont be keeping the car more than a year. Just want to drop it in and have it done. Thats why I was think Kwik or Advanced. Advanced are around €70-100. Guess thats ok price then ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Thanks guys. Yes am in Dublin South area. Need to have them fitted so some of the mail order are out. Just want average tyes as I wont be keeping the car more than a year. Just want to drop it in and have it done. Thats why I was think Kwik or Advanced. Advanced are around €70-100. Guess thats ok price then ?

Eiretyre will find a fitter for you in your area. Dublin south they have a deal with Sandyford Tyres or in Dundrum. Check the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭masto1983

Give "Leixlip Tyre Service Ltd" a ring, might be a bit far for ya but they were very cheap when I changed mine a few months ago.
    (01) 6244556

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Thanks for that. It'll come in very handy!

Advertisement