Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March for Tara - Saturday 27th November @ 2'o clock

Options
  • 18-11-2004 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

A march has been planned by the "Save The Tara/Skreen Valley Campaign Group" to protest at the proposed tolled motorway to be built through the Tara Skryne valley and past the foot of the Hill of Tara.

www.taraskryne.org

It takes place on Saturday the 27th November at two o'clock, marching from the Garden of Rememberance to the Civic Offices at Wood Quay(a previous example of how a vital piece of our heritage was destroyed)

The march takes place to influence the decision of environment minister Dick Roche, who will make a decision in the next few weeks as to whether or not the motorway can proceed.

Please do your best to come and protest against this plan to destroy one of the most important archaelogical areas, not only in Ireland, but in the world.
    Spread the word!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Don't forget tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

if i get up:)

whos else is going?

although i support the campaign

i was going to say that why places like this have to kept has never been properly explained to joe soap(which includes me)... but maybe it never can be...

althought carrackmines and tara have more to do with corrupt motoway buidlers then anyting else
    i still don't like how vincent salfia does things though...

still going though still

Advertisement