Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Darkness Must die for...

Options
  • 18-11-2004 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

They have totally destroyed the new Live Band Aid song. The crap guitarist tried and failed to look talented and creative by adding terrible guitar solos to the song. Fair enough, they got ****e artists to perform, but honestly, why did they get that thing from the Darkness to play guitar? Every song they have sounds similar and now the Band Aid song has the same sound to it..............................................................................CRAPNESS personified. Im guessing ye have heard it?!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They have totally destroyed the new Live Band Aid song
    If i was to blame anyone, i'd blame Dizzee Rascal for his crap rap mid-way through it!

The song is still muck... regardless of who's fault it is.... ahem... Bob Geldof!

The video is even worse... saw it a little while back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Just saw this awful song on the tube.
    Originally posted by Faddymackshyte
    They have totally destroyed the new Live Band Aid song.

They... ruined the song? The song was shackled to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

They... ruined the song? The song was shackled to begin with.

Indeed, it was never a good song.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

And were the Darkness some form of metallic panacea to begin with? No, they were a well placed and marketed tribute band. To expect anything more from them is wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Ignore them, they will go away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

With luck, they will guide noobs towards AC/DC, and that cannot be a bad thing, therefore I say let them live... for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

The Darkness are ****e, they are a novelty to people, it'll soon pass !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

BolBill wrote:
    The Darkness are ****e, they are a novelty to people, it'll soon pass !!!!!!

Man, every post you make says something or other is ****e? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i thought this was a rock/metal forum

darkness? ......do i need to say anything

but AC/DC ? i happen to like them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

better than majority of stuff played on commercial radio stations, id rather their songs came on instead of britney spears

and "get your hands off my woman" rocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Darkness are good entertainers, I like them for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

i like the darkness but that new song is really really very bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Charity songs are rubbish. It's a long-established convention. They only sell because of guilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Victor_Meldrew

Yes, Band Aid 20 is mostly crap, with the possible exceptions of Chris Martin, Dido, Robbie Williams (!) and Justin Hawkins :)

It's better than the 1989 version though (Kylie, Sonia, Cliff, etc)

As for The Darkness - you either love 'em or hate 'em. Personally, I think they're brilliant. Their 'Permission to Land' album was excellent and while they're maybe not the most musically gifted band of all time, at least they're good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

And did I see one of those Busted twats wearing a Tool t-shirt???

*shudder*

*violent thoughts*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

And did I see one of those Busted twats wearing a Tool t-shirt???

*shudder*

*violent thoughts*
    Of course they could never appreciate Tool on the same level as you...
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Why do people keep complaining about derivative bands like the darkness? Like someone else said just ignore them, or never listen to 2fm or any radio station that plays such crap, or digital tv and yer grand.

Advertisement