Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF - DC bombing

Options
  • 18-11-2004 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi .. no pun intended on the "bombing"...

I have seen a few threads and tried a few things and nothing has worked, so I thought I would ask here for some help

I installed bf and it worked great. I then installed DC and when I go to launch it I get kicked to the desktop.

So, I uninstalled DC & BF and resinstalled them both. Same thing. I reinstalled DC for a third time and still the same thing.

I have the ti4600 card, running 768 ram with a 1.8 proc.

Anyone have thoughts or other suggestions on how to get DC working?

Looking forward to playing it

Thanks
    fymnhbfa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Can you start up BF still? Start it up and then go into Mods and activate the DC one.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hi,
    By DC, do you mean Dice City (the newer mod, with the cops & robbers, for BF Vietnam), or Desert Combat (the older mod, with USA & Iraq, for BF 1942)?

If you give me the answer, I'll look around, to see if this has happened before. In most cases(in my experience), if its happened to you, its happened to someone else, thus there should be a fix for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fymnhbfa

Hi,

Sorry, I meant Desert Combat...

Also, the normal BF1942 works great. I have gone in that way and loaded DC, I have also gone directly in through the DC link ("C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +game DC_Final +restart 1)

I appreciate any help you can provide.

My email address is games@sobonana.com

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Try loading BF as normal then launching Desert C from in game mod loader.

Make sure you not using any No cd patches.

kdjac

Tried that too... I have tried about 8 different combinations.. tried reinstalling the applications (all of them) tried updating Direct X... checked the resolution to make sure settings were not too high or unable to be handled by card.. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Did you install DC0.7 then DC_Final?
    Afaik you have to install 0.7 first before final, or something weird like that. I may be rong but I remember it being said when it was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Winters wrote:
    Did you install DC0.7 then DC_Final?
    Afaik you have to install 0.7 first before final, or something weird like that. I may be rong but I remember it being said when it was released.
    Aye, "Final" was only a patch. The DC_Final is 369MB's and the DC_7_Full_Install is 605MD's. This may be the problem, as it can't run the full mod.

This was indeed the problem.

When I went back to fileplanet, I saw it said below that I needed 0.7 first. While this is clearly my fault for not reading the entire thing, I think they should put that message above the "download now" message because it's quite the assumption.

My friend, who is really good at this stuff missed it too, and he was working. But, what I told him last night is, it was never an issue because he was playing 0.7 long before the "Final" patch came out.

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Regards
    fymnhbfa

Advertisement