Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garage band alterntives?

• 18-11-2004 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

lo, a mate of mine has a mac ibook and he has garage band on it! i was wondering if there are any programs like it out there for the pc?? ones the will let you create your own tunes with supplied loop beats?
    thanks,
    Richie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

There's loads. They are essentially music sequencers.
    Bottom of the range I'd say is the Ejay series. I'd stay away from that tho.
    Maybe try Sonic Foundry's Acid Pro. Not sure if that comes with it's own loops or not.
    T'is easy enough to get to grips with.
    If you wanna try something professional try Cubase. It dosn't come with it's own loops but you can add VST's and make your own. Creativity at it's best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭musician.ie

If the loop based thing is primarily what you want to do, acid is definitely the way forward. You can get a free copy of AcidExpress to see if it suits you. Cubase is too much of you're getting started - and it's bloody expensive. Try Cubasis which is really cheap and has most of the features of it's big brother. Cakewalk home studio is another one to look at.

If you're into dance, FL Studio and Reason will allow you to construct your own loops/tracks in an intuitive way - they're in between cubasis and cubase pricewise.

That should keep you busy for a while :)

Advertisement