Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3dMARk 2005 Weird scores

Options
  • 18-11-2004 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

I'm scoring 2502 with the specs below in my sig

My mate is scoring 2467 on an AMD2500, single 512mb of PC2700 with a 9800 pro on an NF7 S2

I set up his PC and its not clocked at all, and both systems are using same drivers

Only point of note is I am using 1x 512mb and 2x256mb sticks, so am not getting dual channeling benefit or single stick benefit

we both have the exact same vid card from the same manufacturer (I bought them both)

What gives - would it be all down to the ram? Or could it be he just lucked out and got a faster GPU or faster vid card memory? Vid cards were bought about 3 months apart...

Both systems are on fresh installs with all updates for drivers and windows done - his is single hd rather than raid

Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Update: another boards user ,badcharlie, gets the exact same score as me with almost the exact same spec

He's using an overclocked 2500 and same amount of ram and same card (unless the NP in his sig refers to no-pro)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

what do you score in 03/01? Score seems about right to me, possibly a little low - tried tightening up your ram timings or anything else to improve?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

score seems about right to me too - its trying to explain how he gets practically the same on so much less thats pussling me - I'm thinking he might have gotten an XT by mistake (should just have been a standard pro)...

I'll run the other benchs and see if they come up different too

Advertisement