Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Totally Unmotivated

Options
  • 18-11-2004 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

i'm in my second year of college and i am so unbelievably unmotivated. i feel like i've been back in college about two weeks when in fact im getting my christmas holidays in a few weeks and have some serious work to do. i just cant be arsed. i like being in college but even now i'm sitting here with an essay to finish that was due last monday and i just cant seem to get into it.

anyone else feeling the same....any tips on getting going?

i really dont want to mess up the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭casso

I know how you feel, the weeks are flyin, and I feel like I'm still only settling in. I suppose the best way to motivate yourself is to use scare tactis like one of my lecturers does.
    "If you fail you're screwed"
    Well, it kinda works for me a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I'm like that and I'm in third year!!! I think maybe you could get a study group going with some of your mates, even if they're not on your course. Personally I know I just need a right good scare to get me back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

i'm in my second year of college and i am so unbelievably unmotivated. i feel like i've been back in college about two weeks when in fact im getting my christmas holidays in a few weeks and have some serious work to do. i just cant be arsed. i like being in college but even now i'm sitting here with an essay to finish that was due last monday and i just cant seem to get into it.

anyone else feeling the same....any tips on getting going?

i really dont want to mess up the year.

dont worry. Your a typical student.

Just make sure to do your work when ya need to. thats whats important.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

know what you mean, im in 5th year, and cant get anything started..
    deadlines towering over my brain..
    dont really have much advice, im in the similar but slightly more serious boat. .

It could be the sign depression or something<?> ..

.. althought the obvious question is, do you actually have any interest in the course your doing?.. try to think about why you did it in the first place. .and focus on them, try and surround yourself in that kind of thing..

take a good look at the way your living and see if you could be kinder to your brain and still have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

You should have picked a course you're interested in.

BURN!!!!

Seriously though, you should have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

You should have picked a course you're interested in.

BURN!!!!

Seriously though, you should have.

i am interested in it. theres just so much work involved. im probably just being incredibly lazy :rolleyes:

i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I'm sufferering the same at the moment. I wish I could get off my ass and do the **** I need to do. I just don't care. Dunno why, just don't.

I've no advice to offer, unfortunatly. Hopefully you'll break yourself free before it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

must be something in the water :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Moved from PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Same here I do nothing.....and I just don't care. I'm going to fail this year, 4th year!!! I've never failed.....well that scared the crap out of me. Still wont make me do work though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well if you feel like wasting 4 years of your life, go ahead.... have you no respect for yourselves?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Don't worry about it, most College students are like that, I certainly was, usually did about 2 weeks work to pass each year...

Just make sure you have the notes, psycho-analyse your lecturers and you should be able to predict the papers with reasonable accuracy (one tip: if they're researching a particular field, whatever sections of your course that they're researching will nearly always be on the paper ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

smoking gange can make one really unmotivated about everything...
    -just a thought.

Also studying in groups can really make things easier coming up to exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I hit the unmotivated phase in 2nd year too, and I failed all my summer exams. Try to keep up with the work, because studying for the summer sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

i'm in my second year of college .

i think you just answered your own question there! everyone slacks off in second year. there's nothing huge at stake, snd you've settled in to how the college works, so you just sit back and enjoy! (in arts at least - hey, you write what you know)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Sleepy wrote:
    Don't worry about it, most College students are like that, I certainly was, usually did about 2 weeks work to pass each year...

That sort of thing is possible, cramming to pass the final exams.

But, malheuresement, that doesn't work for continuous assement :mad:
    They are like nagging leechers that follow you constantly, distracting you from the bigger picture.

Advertisement