Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth playing Feb 1st

Options
  • 18-11-2004 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

I just read they're playing the Ambassador on the official site. I can't wait :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Treebeard wrote:
    I just read they're playing the Ambassador on the official site. I can't wait :D

I think I just got wood - no wait, its just me being excited seeing them live again.

No ticket prices yet, but I am expecting them to be around the 30 - 40 mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

30 - 40 quid? Uh.. yeah.... right....
    That'd be really be sweet, but I'm figuring they pull a Metallica and charge 60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

Brilliant! I've been hearing rumours for a while. any guesses on the support?

Just a point.... they'll be pushing their latest "album". So we get at least two songs off TSHF. Bollocks. Probably 2 of TWNAH, and depending on luck, we could end up with 4 very very bad songs being played......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

I've heard talk of Anthrax or Testament for support. I can't say I'm an Anthrax fan but Testament would rule

• Advertisement

Anthrax have some good stuff. That'd be good.
    Testament.... meh....

Pity they have all new members except Mustaine. This could be weird without Ellefson and Friedman.

Bass.exe wrote:
    Anthrax have some good stuff. That'd be good.
    Testament.... meh....

Pity they have all new members except Mustaine. This could be weird without Ellefson and Friedman.

jesus aint you a happy camper

a) megadeth aint metallica
    b) megadeth gigs have never exceeded 40 euro in price
    c) they aint playing the rds so the overhead will be low
    d) most bands that have played the ambassador have never charged more then 40 per ticket

as for pushing the new album, wow if all we get are 4 dodgy songs and the rest of the setlist is from their other albums - then hot damn, strip me to my undies and call me Mustaine's bitch for the night.

As for the support, whether its Anthrax (doubtful) or Testament (even more doubtful) - its Megadeth people, the last time they played here in the SFX they totally slayed, great gig after all.

On a side note, the support in the states has been Exodus, wouldnt that be sweet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

If Exodus were playing, I'd definetly go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yeah, Exodus would be sweet. Though any time I've seen Megadeth they've always got a kick ass support - eg Sanctuary, Alice In Chains, The Almighty, Pantera...

Megadeth are one of the few bands who aren't afraid to bring big name support with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

they're recent albums have been dreadful but I saw them in the SFX on The World Needs A Hero tour and they were ****ing brilliant, only got my ticket at the last minute, i think it was about IR£24 - I'd say were looking at anywhere between €32 - €36 for a ticket, which is fairly alright

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yessssssssss! I'm going to that for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭powerage22

Feb 1st?? aaaarrrgghhh.... Bloody exams :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Ren0

Theyre playing on Feb 2nd in Belfast, or so i've heard.

TBH, no support would be better.

This just in

http://www.mcd.ie/live/fullnews.php3?tname=1271281950&xname=megadeth

Tickets are 41.50 - nowhere near the €60 mark that someone predicted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

YEAHH!!!! ****IN SAVAGE NEWS!!! CANT ****IN WAIT!

really good venue too! get your tickets as soon as they go on sale, i reckon this will sell out fast! (esp. if theres a good support... OMG if testament supported.... *drools)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

That is some savage line up! Mustaine, Drover (King Diamond), MacDonagh (Iced Earth), Menza...

I'm really looking forward to this now!

Menza isn't part of the line up. He pulled out/was pushed about a week before the first gig.

" I was there, and I was involved in the decision making process with Nick and Dave of replacing Megadeth's drummer.
    Nick knew that there was not a lot of time to get prepared for the tour, but he still tried to pull it off. Sadly, he was not prepared for the physical demands of a Megadeth show, and as all Droogies know, Megadeth is not some wimpy top 40 band that walks on a stage and gives a half-assed show.
    This is why Nick knew Megadeth had to make this decision. Nick was actually involved in the discussion of bringing Shawn Drover into the camp.
    Dave worked very hard with Nick to make this all happen, but it just was not coming together and time was running out to get this tour off the ground, so the change was made for the band and for you the fans. Dave did the right thing."

Glenn Drover's brother is playing drums on the tour.

damn you Doctor J :) you said it before me

Eat my dust Ph3n0m ;)

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    Eat my dust Ph3n0m ;)

*cough cough* - damn you and your turbo powered zimmerframe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Deadly when are tickets on sale?

Very interesting Megadeth related article...

wow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Damn. When I first heard of this earlier I really hoped it'd be later. Two concert nights in a row will not float by the parents and I've already got my Green Day ticket for the night before though. Therapy? should be good on the eighth though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

wow , cant wait , my birthday the same day , so will be a nice way to celebrate.

anyone wanna buy me a ticket for a present :D (didnt think so )

when do tickets go on sale ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

Two concert nights in a row will not float by the parents and I've already got my Green Day ticket for the night before though.

Parents? :confused:

Green Day? :confused:

Dilemma? :confused:

Holy Wars and Hangar 18 played live before your eyes! What is the problem here? Is this Communist China?
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

excellent, i've been waiting for 18 months to see them live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Doctor J wrote:
    Parents? :confused:

Ummm... I'm fifteen?
    Doctor J wrote:
    Green Day? :confused:

I like Green Day, and I'm going with a few friends anyway.
    Doctor J wrote:
    Dilemma? :confused:

Otherwise known as poverty. :rolleyes:

I'd love to see them but perhaps another time.

Advertisement