Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth playing Feb 1st

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Mustaine is calling it quits after this. There will never be another time, sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

Ummm... I'm fifteen?

its an over 18's gig anyway, so not likely to get in tbh

Over 18's? That's a bunch of arse. It saddens me that those greedy whores at MCD put making a bit of extra wedge selling crap pints above what they claim to be : Music Promoters

I'd have missed some of the best gigs of my life if they'd had that kind of nonsense when I was that age. FFS, I saw Megadeth first when I as 14. You young un's should get together and get onto MCD and demand the gig be made all ages. It may not work, but you just keep complaining until someone listens. Get your folks onto the case too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I look older, but considering the Ambassador's oh so good policy of only carding you at the bar that wouldn't have been an issue anyway.

It's sickening, especially with places like the Music Centre who strongly enforce their ID policies. I wouldn't mind being carded at the bar, even though I don't drink, but to be carded to get into a music venue that happens to sell alcohol turns it into a pub that happens to have a band playing.

I'd much rather indoor concert venues were made non-alcoholic anyway. It's all well and good at festivals or whatever but it'd put a lot more focus on the artist and the music in smaller places like the Ambassador.

Bang on man. I don't even drink at gigs anymore. I go to see the band. I want to remember whatever it is I'm paying through the hoop for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Exactly. It'd probably turn a bigger profit letting minors in and not selling drink anyway considering the vast majority of drinkers would still go for the band and under-eighteens would more than make up for the loss of them and the loss of the alcohol sales in my estimatiion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Besides the fact that they are overpriced, young people just don't go to concerts because they're put off by the fact that they're over 18s. I'm a regular concertgoer and I've been to hell and back trying to get into some gigs. It's a horrible experience.

And going back to the first point about concert prices. €41.50 for Megadeth? Christ. In the UK a ticket will set you back €23. Just about under €20 more to play a show in Dublin? That's poor MCD.

Concert promoters will kill the industry with high prices. Seriously, if gigs were cheaper, then I would have enough money to go to more concerts. It's that simple.

I think I've been to about four or five gigs this year. Just tired of being ripped off, rather than not actually wanting to see a band. What gets me is, the under 18's are far more likely to buy merch (t-shirts etc) than fussy old bastards like me, so the bands are missing out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'm gonna see them in the UK hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Ren0

I heard Marty Friedman was in the line up

Dunno if thats true tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

Ren0 wrote:
    I heard Marty Friedman was in the line up

Dunno if thats true tho.

The other guitarist is a guy called Glen Drover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

That's a pile of ****e. Oh well, looks like they can stick it up their arse. You't got to draw the line at this rip off nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Well I am going, simply because it is the last time I will ever see Megadeth (accorrding to Mustaine), so even if they ever came back after this gig, I wont be going to see them.

They are the one band I have seen the most in my life, so if they pull an Ozzy-retirement out of their asses, this is the last time I go to see them

41.40 - yes a tad steep, compared to the recent batch of quality Emerald gigs - but has to be said, still a hell of a lot cheaper then rich-ass-metallica - and if the support lives up to the American tour, then 41.40 will be thoroughly justified

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

meh , price is high but ill still go.

cant wait to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

As they say in the navy: "Coolaboola!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Ren0

The price range for the belfast gig is 25 - 27.50 but thats in pounds.

Seems everyones a sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭kazaam

i love megadeth but left buyin a ticket too late... oh well (if any1 has a spare ticket ill buy it at face value)

Advertisement